Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Our "A" in in CW for wty. work. They claim to be working on it. Hasn't moved or even started engine since 4/15 at 8:46 AM. Been parked in service lot, middle row and can't even be moved without moving other rvs. Also battery almost dead (think they left something on) and they are starting with house bat.
They knew exactly what was wrong and what parts needed for two weeks but still have not even ordered all parts as of this AM!
In former life my co. sold satellite tracking devices for big fleet owners. I have one. It is amazing what I know vs what they are telling me. Do I believe satellite or CW?
I hope there are good CW service facilities elsewhere, but once wty. up, I won't look to hard.

ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #16
Newmar Owners Club
We purchased our DP from a CW in Bartow,Fl. I will be honest and say I would not buy a rig from there again. We left out of there with basic things like brake lights not working. Front oil bath axle that had water in it from bad seal, etc. Was told the 400.00 fee we paid was for items like that. They had new tires put on the coach as part of our deal and as a result have lost one of the rear hub caps that wasn't back on securely. I could go on and on but to say we were very disappointed would be an understatement.

rcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #17
Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I knew we were in trouble when I saw the sign in CW's service dept. said $130.00 an hour
Don't pray for a blessing--Pray to be a blessing.
2006 Holiday Rambler Endavor 40 footer
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #18
Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lightbulb ?

Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
I knew we were in trouble when I saw the sign in CW's service dept. said $130.00 an hour
Do the $130.00 include Dinner with the Manager?
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #19
Newmar Owners Club
Originally Posted by TW

Do the $130.00 include Dinner with the Manager?
Nope! You don't even get a kiss!
rcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #20
I'll agree with the general thought that it depends on the mgmt at CW. We've hard relatively good services from our local CW but I'll admit that we've not really had any major service work done there. What is sad about the whole thread is that if car dealerships were run in this manner we'd either have cars parked up and down the freeway or Detroit would have become a nice little town many years ago. IMHO there is no excuse for some of the poor workmanship being pushed out on the RV consumer today......even without considering the cost of the average MH.

clarkgriswold is offline   Reply With Quote