Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2019, 02:42 PM   #15

We have had dish at home and with 4 different RVs all over the US for years. Sometimes takes a little time waiting on the phone but never had a major problem.
Melvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2019, 04:17 PM   #16

I just use a dish pay as you go RV app, and since they fixed the app awhile back never have to call or deal with them. If I don’t pay for the next month the account just suspends, no charges. Log in and start it back up when I need it again. Only ever call if trying to change local channels when I don’t have cell phone reception. If you can’t look at numbers on the tv screen when using the app you can’t change your location. You have to drive to where you have phone reception, call and have them change it with their computers. Normally you get a person right away.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:19 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
the OP said what happened in his opening sentence, he dealt with Camping World with a sales person who didn't know anything.
Quote:
I would call Dish and talk to an account representative and explain the misunderstanding and see if they can put you back to what you originally agreed to.
I second these opinions. Camping World gave you bad advice, but if you talk with Dish and try to reason with them you could reach an acceptable reconciliation. I have had Dish for many years and sometimes a problem has come up and they have always found a way to accommodate me even if the rules didn't allow it (perhaps a free month or a reduced rate).
Old 10-09-2019, 07:44 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searching_Ut View Post
I just use a dish pay as you go RV app, and since they fixed the app awhile back never have to call or deal with them. If I don’t pay for the next month the account just suspends, no charges. Log in and start it back up when I need it again. Only ever call if trying to change local channels when I don’t have cell phone reception. If you can’t look at numbers on the tv screen when using the app you can’t change your location. You have to drive to where you have phone reception, call and have them change it with their computers. Normally you get a person right away.

Same experience here. Been happy with Dish. Dont pay anything when service is suspended. Not so happy with Winegard, whose customer service sux.
mtmsfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:22 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
DISH So disappointed

Pay as you go isn’t a contract .. never was .. you need to buy the equipment up front rather than them give you the equipment. I pay 60 bucks a month all in for the flex pac then A news pack and a locals pack .. if I want more I add and subtract STARZ , movies etc at will .. online.
Truth is I don’t have pay as you go but signed up 4 years ago .. we full time so no need to cancel however there is no contract as I provided all the equipment. I have no “special pricing “ And just activated .I can however stop at will. The only difference is that Pay as you go is billed in advance no credit check. It’s a month behind for the “continuous” service and a credit check
Camping world is the problem here I believe.
I would guess They sold some intro price big bucks full mega Channel package with “free” ( loaned ) equipment.. lied about the lay off part and waved you out the door.
You had to sign a contract and have email verification you should still have .. what it says it what the “deal” is not what camping world said.
In our case Flex offers all we need and more with no “deal” pricing.
I used to call all the time to change locals and have never waited over 15 minutes. Now I do it via messenger .. 5 minutes tops. I have never not had a quick and positive call with Dish. I wonder how your bad situation happened. I would be disappoint too!
Old 10-09-2019, 08:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Pay as you go isn’t a contract .. never was .. you need to buy the equipment up front rather than them give you the equipment. I pay 60 bucks a month all in for the flex pac then A news pack and a locals pack .. if I want more I add and subtract STARZ , movies etc at will .. online.
Truth is I don’t have pay as you go but signed up 4 years ago .. we full time so no need to cancel however there is no contract as I provided all the equipment. I have no “special pricing “ And just activated .I can however stop at will. The only difference is that Pay as you go is billed in advance no credit check. It’s a month behind for the “continuous” service and a credit check
Camping world is the problem here I believe.
I would guess They sold some intro price big bucks full mega Channel package with “free” ( loaned ) equipment.. lied about the lay off part and waved you out the door.
You had to sign a contract and have email verification you should still have .. what it says it what the “deal” is not what camping world said.
In our case Flex offers all we need and more with no “deal” pricing.
I used to call all the time to change locals and have never waited over 15 minutes. Now I do it via messenger .. 5 minutes tops. I have never not had a quick and positive call with Dish. I wonder how your bad situation happened. I would be disappoint too!

I believe you are correct with pay-as-you-go as there is not a contract. When we went to Satellite for the home to eliminate cable and save money, we got a special deal locked in for two years and renews this December. Essentially, this eliminated our Pay-as-you-go since satellite used daily. Dish requested I call in during renewal to negotiate new discount pricing for another two years .

Initially a credit check was done which also determined what Hopper version you qualify for. Hopper 3 is the best version right now. We own all joeys and walleys.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:12 PM   #21

Sorry for your experience.

We have had Dish both at home and in our (2) Motorhomes over the last (9) years. Our experience has been good at home and on the road.
bhammond1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:30 PM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Weldor View Post
In 2018 I splurged and bought a satellite system from Camping World. Got the Travler 1000 dish and 2 211 receivers. I signed up for a 2 year contract for Rvers 'pay as you go'. Was told that when I put the rv in storage for the winter I could pause the account and my contract would be extended by the amount of time in storage. My 2 year 'special' cost me $71.71 per month included local channels. When taking out of storage this year I was informed that when I placed my rig in storage, that voided my original contract. I had to pay more for the monthly service. Also when I attempted to talk with an online agent concerning this matter I was #243 in line. So, I called. After a 1/2 hour on hold I got to talk with an agent. She stated the same thing. Had my service activated and had to pay $95 per month. 2nd day of use we had no local channels on one receiver, but did on the other. I rebooted the one receiver to no avail. Back on the chat line. This time I was 145 inline. Called and was on hold for 20 minutes. When I finally got to speak with an agent he informed me they would work to get my problem resolved. I was also informed AGAIN that because I paused my service I voided my contract. Now, he states my monthly fee was going to be $130.00. Frustrated, I asked to cancel my service. He stated I would be charged for early termination on the card I had on file with them. I stated I would wait until the following day, cancel the debit card I paid my DISH bill with, then call back and cancel.

I received an Email that evening that my service had been terminated. Early the next morning I called my Credit Union and cancelled that card. I checked my bank account a few times and they didn't get to charge me that 'fee' before I cancelled my card.

I am not alone with continued problems with DISH. We were at the NASCAR races at Dover, DE this past week and 2 other campers near us also had issues.

I'm going to be removing the unit from our MH and selling the whole package.

NO MORE DISH for us.
Send it my way I love dish. We have it at home and currently use the dish anywhere app to stream to the TVs in our motorhome.
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:33 PM   #23

I had Dish in my home for many years, but when I sold my house and moved full-time into my Arctic Fox fifth wheel in 2015, I decided that since I was starting a new life I would get rid of some things that I didn't like about my old life, and one of those things was I spent too much time watching television, especially the news sometimes five or six hours a day and usually ending up either angry or depressed.

So when I moved into the Arctic Fox I went cold turkey and stopped watching television. I kind of missed it at first but I quickly found out that the Internet provided lots of entertainment including weather forecast that are important to a full-timer like myself, movies, comedy, and even political opinions, if I feel like getting angry or depressed again.

There's also books to read, walks to take, and more time for my hobbies. So all in all the television my Arctic Fox came with gets very little use to the point I sometimes think of getting rid of it.

theboondork.com
theboondork. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish