Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2011, 05:10 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty4san View Post
This is best site. Click undercovertourist and buy the package that fits you. You should buy the park hoper package with non expiring for about $15.00 more. You never know when you might be back.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2011, 05:27 AM   #16

I would also only try big name companies like AAA. I once used a road side stand about 1 mile from Disney and 2 of the tickets did not work @ the gate. The small savings could turn out to be a big loss when you have to repurchase at the gate when they do not work.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:40 AM   #17

We just returned from our vacation with the grandkids. Camping at Fort Wilderness campground is the most economical why to stay on the Disney campus. Yes, it's expensive camping but consider how well they treat you. Full transportation to anywhere via boat, bus and mono-rail. Super clean and well manicured landscaping. Full hookups including cable. Convenient and clean shower houses. Swimming pools and nightly entertainment. It cost us $1130 for a weeks stay including four days of park passes for two of us. We then spent an additional $656 for meals, toys, a princess dinner, not including fuel to get there. If you get your reservations thru Disney and pre-register online, you'll get an offer for a Disney Credit Card, they'll take off $100 when you use it and you can get discounts when you buy things over $50. Hope this gives an idea what it will cost you. It comes to about $100 a day for the campground and $60 a day each for park access.

I should mention we bought the travel insurance just in case of bad weather. Was within hurricane season when we were there.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #18
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The definition of an oxymoron, "Disney discount".
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
We purchased discounted Disney tickets from Visit Orlando about this time last year for my wife and I and as Christmas presents for my son and his family of four. They had a special where you purchased a 3 day park hopper pass and got days 4 and 5 free.

When we picked up our tickets at the Magic Kingdom Ticket window, we were offered a 6th day upgrade for $5.00. We took them up on their offer and had a great 6 days of Disney Parks.
tbussche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanjeep
We've spent enough time there that I know what you say is true. really don't have close friends there. Wonder if you have to show local ID if you tried to use those tickets?
Last time I was there (maybe 4 years ago) Disney required a Florida DL for the Florida resident discounts. Nothing else would do. Military may be different.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #21
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieMan View Post
Last time I was there (maybe 4 years ago) Disney required a Florida DL for the Florida resident discounts. Nothing else would do. Military may be different.
It is still the same. Documentation is still required. Either the Florida Drivers License or FL State ID is the easiest way to prove residence.
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #22

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Can the military discount buy tickets for his parents and also his family, as we plan to travel together and stay at FT Wilderness.
Just Because is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #23
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Because View Post
Can the military discount buy tickets for his parents and also his family, as we plan to travel together and stay at FT Wilderness.
I don't really know. The best way to find out is to call them and ask. I would think that the military member could get the discount for themselves, but nobody else. Any discounts for the room/cabin/CG would be valid if in the military members name. But, discounted entrance tickets would only be for the military member, nobody else.

edj is offline   Reply With Quote