Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #29

Ok I'm different or stupid or. Ben divorced 3 times to the same person still see her every day go on trips together all the time we are best friends

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2014, 07:25 AM   #30

Wowee! I've known guys that have gone back and remarried again, but 3 times? You win for sure!

"Best friends" works well for me.... some now call us "life partners".

Old 11-07-2014, 07:37 AM   #31

She worked for me at first kept asking me to take her out after a long time I saw where she lived and no car I just bought a new house told her to move in you got a room for free we will get you a car. Well living together and working together worked for a while now 20 years later she even paid for the RV trip I just consigned for $42,000 for her would I do it again in a heartbeat I know I'm different now to my friend Spritz you can never tell what will happen
Old 11-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #32
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Sure sorry it didn't work out!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:15 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I put up with what I settled for for 21 years. He finally convinced me (via his behavior) to close the book,on that relationship. Sad. Very sad. But, if I hadn't, I wouldn't now be married to the best man in the universe. He treats me like a queen and we enjoy each other's company. Best 14 years of my life and counting!

Tim, do the divorce. Take time to grieve. Decide to move forward & enjoy the rest of your life. Our prayers are with you.
Textronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:09 AM   #34

National RV Owners Club
I have a philosophy which seems to work well in light of some of the stories in this thread.

I believe that one thing ends because something else is coming and one needs to make room for the other. In many cases, it seems to be that one relationship had to end in order for a new more fulfilling one to take its place. The change of pace will be helpful for the OP. Take some of that solitude and quiet and use it to think about who are and what you really need to be happy. If that means someone new in your life, they will find you or you will find them (depending on your POV).

Good Luck
Old 11-29-2014, 01:42 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Tim, you will find in life there are things you no longer have and that you never miss and also hopefully you will find the journey is the destination. I've read that somewhere in these forums. Be good to yourself, be true to yourself and just enjoy life when the grieving is finally over.

I went 21 years and it ended and I felt lost. After retiring I moved west and met a wonderful woman who enjoys traveling too. We have mutual hobbies and solitary hobbies so life works great for us. I wish you well in your endeavours and hopefully some day some place we can share a bonfire and chat.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:33 AM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We decided too try and reconcile and try one more trip this winter and go from there. It has been 13 plus years.
Thanks for the post's, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:22 PM   #37

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
We decided too try and reconcile and try one more trip this winter and go from there. It has been 13 plus years.
It is truly none of my business, so feel free to ignore this or tell me to buzz off.

I was married 13.5 years (14.5 to the date the papers were signed.) to a woman that frankly we shouldn't have stayed together more than two or three. Things would boil over, the screw you's would fly, but it was never bad enough to leave, for either of us. We would reconcile, life would be truly good for several months but regress right back where we were.

My ex is a wonderful woman and I'm truly sorry that she will spit her last breath at me, but I wasn't what she needed. She's with a guy that is much better with her than I was, they're a better fit.

It's like the old story about how do you boil a live frog. If you toss the frog into boiling water he'll flip out and jump out of the pot with his butt singed. But, if you put him into comfortable water and turn the heat up slowly he will stay there until he's dying, because it's not bad enough to leave and he's been there for a while and gotten comfortable.

That's where I was. Comfortable. It wasn't hot enough to leave when in reality the proverbial house was burning down. Are we better off? I know she is.

I'm not encouraging you to pack up and leave. I'm not questioning you or your motives.

But I do want to make sure that you two aren't reconciling because of 13 years together. That time doesn't matter, it's passed, gone, memories that frankly won't change a dang thing today. It's the present, the future that matters.

Don't look back to decide to reconcile. You'll get warm fuzzies because of your first date, kiss, making love or that time she pulled you into your parents spare bedroom for a few minutes if you catch my meaning. Those are memories. They don't carry any weight, except for emotional baggage. The future, that's what matters.

It's scary. I'm currently facing a second "I want out" conversation myself, I understand that part very well. Don't make my mistakes, life is too short and too precious to be unhappy.

Set a date, say six months from now, to reassess the situation. Make a full run at it, but at that date be honest and sincere, go or no.

Sorry this got long, and if you feel like talking more feel free to PM me.
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #38

Ford Super Duty Owner
As much as I want to say you are one lucky dog I don't know what I would do with out my wife of 30 years. I think my problem is is that my wife is still working and I am retired so I sit at home and do nothing. I would love to go on a single trip just to go catch a fish or two but I know how that would work out. My first two marriages were terrible and lasted a very short time and I said I would never do it again and met the perfect woman. I had kids, she had kids and we raised all of them together. Now they are grown and gone and we are back to just us and at first it was hard to adjust for her but I think she is getting used to it. I would love to jump in the MH and stay gone for about a month or two sure would be fun to be off the leash for a while.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Well another winter getaway is off. AGAIN, Thanks to someone I will not say.
So I have not canceled my spot in Quartzite AZ yet A lost of $50.00 bucks for cancellation for said person when I email them.
I can give the info (resort) if anyone is looking.
I plan on going to the Solo Forum shortly Might be the best Christmas gift I can give my self...
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Tim, don't ditch your plans.......go! Time is not on our side at this point
Old 12-21-2014, 11:53 AM   #41

Thor Owners Club
Take the info everyone has given you and move on. Best thing I did was to get clear of my ex. I found a terrific lady that loves me and we haven't looked back in 14 years. Good luck.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #42

Tim, consider the old saying "absence make the heart grow fonder"? Go for a few months, then come back and see what happens. If you aren't glad to be back, maybe then it's time to move on...