Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2014, 07:18 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Unhappy Divorce

Well its inevitable, after 15 years I'm calling it quits. I plan on keeping the MH and going full time. What have you done.?
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2014, 07:22 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry to hear of this Tim.........Head south! or west......and don't look back! I don't want to deal with winter anymore, and if I was in your position..........gone.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I went Full Time 15 years ago. And that was after being 13 years since my last divorce.
It is now the time of year to pack up and head south from MN.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:20 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I think you will find the freedom that the MH offers refreshing to you. And it certainly will present a lot more geographical options for you to roost again. Gotta get your head and emotions "back together" again, I imagine. Just don't do anything that you will be sorry for later...

Sorry to hear about the divorce. That must be pretty tough.

\ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:23 AM   #5

iRV2 No Limits Club
Sorry for the divorce.

Look forward.

Not back.

You can not change yesterday.

You can influence tomorrow.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #6

Appalachian Campers
I'm sorry to hear about the divorce, having been there, done that and about to do it again I can sympathize with you.

Part of the plan behind my getting the 5er this year is just as you're about to do, I end up divorced I'm going to run away and live in the woods.
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
I plan on keeping the MH and going full time.
Good luck to you and hope your full-time lifestyle brings you great new adventures.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #8

My first marriage (17 years) ended in divorce. Then I met a wonderful lady and remarried, she was diagnosed with breast cancer a year later and we battled it together for 21 years, numerous surgeries and chemo regimens until it finally took her. Both situations were traumatic in different ways, but I got through it somehow. I'm now married 8 years to my soul mate who enjoys traveling in our 5th wheel, cruising, driving our classic car and just doing things together in our "golden years". Marriage takes a LOT of work, even in the best of circumstances but I wouldn't have it any other way! Good luck in your travels, the sun is always shining somewhere!
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #9

There can be a point in a relationship where trying to maintain it further can be damaging to oneself. Once that point has been passed, it's time to bail. Nobody (that you care about) will condemn you for it, and though it may feel like a huge set back at the time (when separating), the relief from the stresses involved maintaining that relationship will be felt almost immediately. You'll actually be able to smile again....

Left with a completely amicable divorce after 29 years of marriage, and no regrets. I'd do it again with the same lady given the chance. We had a ton of fun and many good times - but things changed, and it became obvious it was time for both of us to move on - so we did. No harm done.

I was in no particular hurry to find a new partner, so I dated just occasionally. 8 years later I found a lady that could deal with me, and we talk, a lot. So we're going the "life partner" route. Committed, with no plans to marry. For financial reasons, as well as to protect ourselves from the complacency often found in marriages. Free to leave at any time, I find myself more willing to do what it takes to make this relationship work. Pretty sure she feels the same way...so it works! It's been going on 10 years now!

Best of luck.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sorry to hear this... sounds like your pace arrow is going to get a workout!
I hope you end up with all that makes you happiest.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #11

Never look back - Always look forward. Life goes on and so should you.

It may be difficult, but look at this as being a positive life changing event with a more positive outcome for you.

It's now time for you to do what's right for you.
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tim,

Sounds like you have had to make a very difficult decision but sometimes it is the only correct answer. I pray that you heal and find peace in your travels. Enjoy the road and you never know if this opens you up to a happier someone out there.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #13

Not an option she would get the gold mine I would get the shaft!!
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I love my wife dearly - have for over 35 years. We grew up together, we'll grow old together, we'll likely die together - hopefully a long time from now. I've never regretted a single minute.

But...

I'd be lying if I said there wasn't some small part of me that fantasized about cutting all ties, packing up the rig and heading out on my own. I envy you and the adventure you're about to take, and I sincerely wish you the best of times ahead.

Divorce sucks, but it will suck a little less every day until it stops sucking altogether. How long that takes is up to each person going through it. My best advice is if you're gonna full-time it, don't just find a place to hide in the woods until you feel better - explore! Discover big things, small things... discover yourself. Be your own best company and listen to what you have to say. Don't be afraid to be silly, to be wrong, to be ridiculous, to go too far. Do it and explore your new horizons and then redefine them over and over. Might take you months; might take you years. Take all the time you need because now time is yours... and you can spend it any way you want.

Yeah, there's a small part of me that envies you. Good luck!

p.s. Just this once, you can disregard my signature below

Wryly Blithe is offline   Reply With Quote