Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Do I owe for a Humana mistake on my Drug plan ?

Humana made a mistake in Jan 2009 and again in June 2009 when I got a refill of Flowmax. I no longer take the drug. This week I got a letter from Humana tell me they made and mistake and it will not happen again. They also want me to pay $170 for their mistake. I called my druggist and he said I pay them nothing. What do you think? The drug cost almost $500 for a 90 day supply. I have no idea what I paid when I got the drug. I know I did hit my donut hole in 2009 as I do every year.
Tom

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #2

Insurance companies are notorious for trying to get more money out of their insured and at the same time authorize less service... Blue Cross tried and tried to get more money out of me, they finally gave up!

I wouldn't give them a dime.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #3

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
When I get my prescriptions filled and pick the up. I pay what ever the drug store ask. I have no idea what is my part and what is theirs.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #4

If you notified them and have a copy of the notice.................it's a gift.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tell them thank you very much and you hope that they do not make the same mistake in the future.

Ken
Old 12-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #6

Why should you pay for their mistake? Ask if they would pay for your mistake were it visa-versa. If/when they say no, your reply is: "there is your answer, It's you're mistake and your responsibility".
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I called where I get my prescriptions fill and the total cost of Flowmax was just under $500 for a 90 day supply. I looked up my cost on Humama for Jan.
2009 the total cost was $266.85 and in June $290.82 and now just under $500. I wish my Social Security would go up like that. To make it worse on me was I had a good drug plan where I worked and when Medicare part D came along I was dropped from where I retired from because I could get this.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I worked in insurance reimbursement for many years. If I made a mistake in billing, I did not go after the patient for my mistake. The company ate the error, for good will. That was 20+ years ago though & I'm sure companies now WILL try to recoup that error from the patient, especially in these tough economic times when money is short for some. Unfortunately, if you paid less than you were supposed to, even though the company made a mistake & you have the paperwork to prove it, they have the right to collect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
When I get my prescriptions filled and pick the up. I pay what ever the drug store ask. I have no idea what is my part and what is theirs.
This is quite common with many people. Most people wouldn't even think of signing a contract without knowing what's in it, yet they will do so with their medical insurance. You need to be an informed consumer. Please read your policy & know its coverages. Not only to know, but to protect yourself in case the insurance makes a billing error NOT in your favor where you would end up paying more than you should (which is a more likely scenario than them making an error in YOUR favor).

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:54 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My plan requires that I personally reorder every 2 to 3 months. Does Humana do automatic renewals?

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:54 PM   #10

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I may give a call tomorrow to the agent where I got my supplemental insurance. He told me Humana was as good as it gets and he does not sell Humana. Maybe he can explain the charges.