Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Do we have any cabinet makers that are in the Portland Metro Area (Oregon)?

I know, kind of an odd question for an rv forum, but I'm hoping to find someone in the area that happens to make cabinets.

I need a basic plywood cabinet made with a single drawer slot and basically a large cabinet space below that won't have any shelves or a door (its going to house the litter box for our cat). We have the drawer and guides already, as I recently removed it to facilitate the installation of a free-standing range in our Fifth wheel.

I'd go with a pre-fab cabinet from one of the big hardware stores, but the cabinet toe-kicks are much taller, and I believe the overall height is taller, and they don't have any that are wide enough to accept our existing drawer (or at least the face from it).

Also, we haven't got anywhere to stain and varnish to match the new cabinet to our existing cabinets.

We also want to put a butcher block type top on it (we have a source for a chunk of butcher block counter top, but it would need to likely be milled to match the existing heights of the main counter tops.

Thanks .

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2014, 08:45 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Suspect if you really want someone experienced in RV cabinets you will need to go down to Junction City or possibly Eugene.

bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:03 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Junction City has some good ones. I like Amazing Creations. They have done a lot of work in our coach. Nice guys to work with.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:39 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
Suspect if you really want someone experienced in RV cabinets you will need to go down to Junction City or possibly Eugene.
Given our fifth wheel is used as a park model and doesn't travel anywhere (We have a pickup camper for that), we're not too worried about the cabinet's being built lightweight, a standard heavy household cabinet will work just fine, it just needs to be built to somewhat match the styling of the existing cabinets.

The counters there's not much I can do about, unless I decide to just replace it all with granite or find another Corian shop (as our current counter tops are corian), and a butcher block area would be most useful.

I'd build it myself, but I don't have any heated space to do the staining and varnish spray, or access to a table saw.

Our current cabinets are entirely assembled through the use of pocket screws (kreg joints), which has been wonderful for making modifications.

I will look into the Amazing Creations shop, but shy of sending them measurements and photos, I doubt they're going to be feasible, as our trailer doesn't move.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote