Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Do you believe in ghosts ?
Yes 25 41.67%
No 19 31.67%
Unsure 16 26.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #15
GPW

Only Ghosts i've ever seen were Evil Spirits .... usually found hanging around RV dealers ...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #16
2LT

Triple E Owners Club
Yes...

Old 04-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #17

Ghosts I believe can also be angels.
& don't forget about the trinity.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:17 AM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPW View Post
Only Ghosts i've ever seen were Evil Spirits .... usually found hanging around RV dealers ...
And Court Houses... BTW, I'm a reformed lawyer.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #19

Nope.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
I'll have what he's drinking
Beat me to it!
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
I have a really close friend that is a medium.....I'm a believer!
I have a friend who is an Xtra small....(XS)
and one who is an Xtra Large (XL)
and I am a Medium also (M)
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In 1967, we were living in a apartment in Germany that was a converted barn. It was made in the 1400's. In the bedroom, every nite, there was a circle of light that would race around the the top of the wall. It would last for about 10 minutes and stop. There was no source of light in that room. Figure that one out!
Old 04-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
I'll have what he's drinking
Me too, and "no," to answer the OP's question.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:01 AM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmweb View Post
No. Show me one. Can't.
Will noises do?

About 30 years ago we lived in a ranch house in rural Washington State; remote enough to have no power lines or phone.

A month or 2 after we moved in, we lit the first fire in the living room fireplace. The back door in the main room blew open. We could see the 2 cats who were sitting on the couch "watch" an invisible something go from the open door to the fireplace; then go along to the kitchen at which point the cats abruptly lost interest.

It was a little weird, and we made jokes about it.

A few weeks later, we were sitting downstairs when we heard my brother, (who was living with us at the time) get out of bed, stamp his boots on the floor, come down the narrow steep stairs and "kick" the door into the hall open (no landing)- very ordinary noises. A few moments later we remembered that my brother was gone for the weekend. We also realized this explained why the previous tenant had nailed muskrat traps to the floor in the upstairs bedrooms.

The "man coming downstairs" noises became fairly frequent. Visitors to the house had a good chance of hearing them; I know everybody in my extended family heard them at one time or another.

We also had a "whistler" who only I ever heard, and only in the kitchen or pantry. Tuneless whistling, kind of like under the breath.

My husband also had an experience while working on a new calf barn at that farm, which was built near the site of the original house which had burned down in the 30s. He was up on the roof when he thought he heard me calling him to come down off the roof. When he couldn't find me, he came stomping up to house, all cheesed off because I made him crawl down the ladder without explanation. I had not been near the barn at all that morning, of course.

We moved on from that rented farm a few years later. About three years ago, we were traveling through the area, and decided to swing through and see if we could find the old place. When we found it, we stopped by the mailbox so i could take some pictures, and the current young women of the house came down to chat with us. After some conversation about how the farm looked back in the late 70s and the promise to send her some pictures, I mentioned that we'd heard some kind of spooky noises back in those days. The lady's mouth just dropped open. She said her long-haul trucker husband thought she was nuts, but she was convinced the house had a "resident", and she was so relieved that she wasn't the first.

We never saw any physical manifestation, and the noises never really varied or interacted with us, except for the single incident on the roof.

I don't think we thought much about believing or disbelieving in ghosts before living there, but something was certainly going on in that house. We are a devout Christian family, so the idea of ghosts or spooks does not comfortably fit into our theology. However, the house and the stuff going on there existed and apparently still exist, so God has clearly got this covered.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:22 AM   #25

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I do believe in ghosts or as I call them spirits. I am a Christian and earlier on, I also struggled with the notion of remaining spirits and my faith, but I feel that when the body dies the spirit that was created by an almighty God remains here and in heaven and sometimes it makes itself known to us here on earth. I like to feel that when we are grieving the loss of a loved one (and I place pets in this category), that their spirit remains to watch over us and to protect us.

I know that this sounds sappy and simplistic, but that is my story and I am sticking to it...

Faith in Sunny Massachusetts
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #26

Only on TV.
But it is a great advertizing ruse to get customers or milk rubes.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
Only on TV.
But it is a great advertizing ruse to get customers or milk rubes.
Hey Stogie, you can believe what you want. But I have an issue with being called a "Rube"!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
I have proof enough for me that there are benevolent spirits that look over us. When my oldest son was 1 I woke up one morning and prepare to go to work, a strange feeling came over me and I stayed home, unusual for me. about 10 in the morning my son started running a fever within a half hour it was 104. we called the doc. While my wife was on the phone he stopped breathing she hung up and called 911 I had started artificial respiration. By the time the ambulance came he was breathing on his own. I took him to the hospital while my wife stayed home with our daughter. When we returned home my wife said my father has called from work and asked how Mike was, he said he had a strange feeling come over him the something was wrong with Mike so he called. He has never called from work before or after. This concludes the first chapter of my interactions with spirits.