Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #1

If so I need one....I just read the Real Estate 1st Quarter Report for 2007 in my area and its NOT a pretty picture

There is 15.2 month supply of homes on the market and asking to sold price is down

The average selling time is up to 111 days in my little bedroom community

I just listed my home after trying to sell by owner and wasting time in the process.

Jobs are scare here also, making it increasing difficult to live on a fixed income as I just retired.

I NEED to sell my home before I can get on the road and my faithful traveling companion and hiking buddy, Maddie the Wonderdog isn't getting any younger (she is 12 now) She just recently stopped wanting to jump up in the back seat because I believe its painful for her (probably arthritis ) so mom is lifing her up until I get a doggie ramp.

So to make an already long story short I am asking for prayer that I can sell my home this summer.

I do KNOW that "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."
James 5:16

Thanks so much!!!

apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #2

If so I need one....I just read the Real Estate 1st Quarter Report for 2007 in my area and its NOT a pretty picture

There is 15.2 month supply of homes on the market and asking to sold price is down

The average selling time is up to 111 days in my little bedroom community

I just listed my home after trying to sell by owner and wasting time in the process.

Jobs are scare here also, making it increasing difficult to live on a fixed income as I just retired.

I NEED to sell my home before I can get on the road and my faithful traveling companion and hiking buddy, Maddie the Wonderdog isn't getting any younger (she is 12 now) She just recently stopped wanting to jump up in the back seat because I believe its painful for her (probably arthritis ) so mom is lifing her up until I get a doggie ramp.

So to make an already long story short I am asking for prayer that I can sell my home this summer.

I do KNOW that "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."
James 5:16

Thanks so much!!!

Old 06-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Count me in, Joanie . . . consider it done! Oh, and I do believe in miracles.

I'm sure you already know this, but be sure to make your house a better choice than the competition --- condition, price, cleanliness, etc. I'm betting you'll git-r-done! Want me to make any campground reservations for you yet?

Warren
Old 06-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #4

Oh thank you Warren

I appreciate your prayers and your postive outlook!

And yes I am an amateur interior decorator and homestager. My home is in pristine condition and shows beautifully if I do say so myself because I have been working on it for months, inside and out to get it ready.

Now all I need is a buyer, just one and then... that campground!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeeTheUSA:
Count me in, Joanie . . . consider it done! Oh, and I do believe in miracles.

I'm sure you already know this, but be sure to make your house a better choice than the competition --- condition, price, cleanliness, etc. I'm betting you'll git-r-done! Want me to make any campground reservations for you yet?

Warren </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 06-15-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
jfb

Location, location, location...! Puget Sound area is bucking the trend.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Have you tried the statue of Saint Joseph burried in the yard? I read in a newspaper once that people who do that swear it causes their place to sell.

Power of possitive thinking? LOL
Old 06-18-2007, 05:55 AM   #7

I've got you and Maddie in my prayers. In addition, I've always found that the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking is a big help when people are looking at your home.
Sallys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Location: Full-Timer (Thousand Palms RV Resort - Inverness Fl)
Joanie,

We wish you the best - just our two cents worth - the biggest issue in selling you house as far as I am concerned is pricing it right. We listed our house with the agent on Friday and sold it Saturday - full asking price. There are 4 other houses on our block (there are only 12 total houses in our neighborhood) and one has been on the market for over 9 months, one for 6 months and so on. Both of those are over priced, people thinking the housing market boom of 2 years ago is still around. We could have probably got $25k more back then but not today - also as previsouly mentioned get the house in tip top shape - looks do mean a lot. We sold ours so fast now we are scrambling to get everything into our current RV (just ordered a 2008 Monaco Diplomat 40SKQ) until the new one is ready the end of August (we hope).

Good luck - hang in there.
MCPO Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:59 AM   #9
paz

Joanie, we continue to lift you in prayer. Don't get discouraged - there is a buyer out there somewhere.

We look forward to meeting up with you on the road someday soon.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:26 AM   #10

Thanks!

Who can resist the smell ofchocolate chips cookies?

Maddie the Wonderdog's Mom

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sallys Mom:
I've got you and Maddie in my prayers. In addition, I've always found that the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking is a big help when people are looking at your home.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 06-20-2007, 03:37 AM   #11

You are absolutely right!

Biggest reason houses don't sell is being overpriced.

So I was very careful to price it according to the market here (very bad ) just $2,000 over what I paid for it 3 years ago. (I am fully prepared to take an offer of 10% less.)

I do have the top realtor in the state of Michigan
I consider this market to be like a war. And when you are in "battle" you want a General not a private!

As far as getting it ready, I have been working my fanny off (I wish) inside and out.

I am an decorator and home stager and its in pristine, attractive move in condition with lots of storage as I have been getting rid of stuff for a year now so I don't have to store much when on the road, that SHOULD stand out from the pack

Hopefully I will be able to post a "SOLD" thread this summer!!!!

Thanks for tips and best wishes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MCPO Ret:
Joanie,

We wish you the best - just our two cents worth - the biggest issue in selling you house as far as I am concerned is pricing it right. We listed our house with the agent on Friday and sold it Saturday - full asking price. There are 4 other houses on our block (there are only 12 total houses in our neighborhood) and one has been on the market for over 9 months, one for 6 months and so on. Both of those are over priced, people thinking the housing market boom of 2 years ago is still around. We could have probably got $25k more back then but not today - also as previsouly mentioned get the house in tip top shape - looks do mean a lot. We sold ours so fast now we are scrambling to get everything into our current RV (just ordered a 2008 Monaco Diplomat 40SKQ) until the new one is ready the end of August (we hope).

Good luck - hang in there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 06-20-2007, 03:49 AM   #12
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hey Apackof2,

Best of luck with the house sale, don't give up yet, and don't be in too much of a hurry that you hurt yourself in the long run! Again hope it sells soon, and you can get on with a new chapter in life!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:30 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Joanie, have you had any offers yet (on the house, I mean ) ?
Old 08-15-2007, 01:42 PM   #14

Joanie I hope you have sold your house, but for the wonderdog maddies owies, try some wild fish oil pills. My poor king shepard is only 6 years old and has been battling hip displasia for his whole life we recently started fish oil and it seems to be making a big difference in his mobility.
Happy trails

Son Mat away Racing
Ski Me Baby is offline   Reply With Quote