Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2017, 08:15 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrojake View Post
Dont get me started.
I'm not typically a 'pet person' but from what I can see, most 'pet people' shouldn't be pet owners in the first place.

Pet ownership is a big responsibility, far beyond the selfish reasons most people get pets for in the first place.

But alas I shouldn't complain because I see plenty of parents that shouldn't be 'kid handlers' either.

Rant Over!

And as for your question...
If the guy treats his own dog poorly you can be assured he's going to treat "you" poorly. The best you can do is say a prayer for the pooch and keep your distance.

Thanks for posting.
And sorry about the rant but... I hate bully's, especially when they bully their pooch!
-Ej-
???

Almost all people I see in RV parks pamper their pets? And the majority of people I see in RV parks have pets.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2017, 08:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
I sure wish people would be as willing to get involved if it were a wife or child in question.
I have corrected moms in the grocery before when mistreating kids but it seemed much easier because all i did was play good cop and say "oh i know kids can be a handfull, you just cant let it get to you so much, they do grow up and they do behave eventually mam".... Then i patted the kid on the head and said nice kid just be good for mom there son.

But animals are a bit different, as the first thing i would expect somone to say is "its none of your business"
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 HD cooling
Durango Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Travel View Post
???
Almost all people I see in RV parks pamper their pets? And the majority of people I see in RV parks have pets.
I'll clarify...
Too many people "I" know that get dogs do it for the wrong reason. If your single and working 50 hours a week, you really don't need that 'designer dog' trapped in your apartment all day, every day.

BTW; I was an ARBA member for 20 years. My animals were pampered.
My daughter-in-law is a rescue dog shelter & placement person. She (and her Black Lab & Aussie Shepard) turn skittish abused rescue dogs into well mannered pets in as little at six weeks at her facility. Just saying.

Most RVers I know are older, mature persons that are great pet owners.
You're right! It's rare to se an 'RV dog' that's not pampered.
Electrojake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
Do you really think it is the managers problem?
I do....they took the rent money, and I might just go off on a person like that....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:52 AM   #19
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I sure wish people would be as willing to get involved if it were a spouse or child in question.

I agree John! Don't get me wrong, I would never be cruel to any animal, but sometimes we look the other way on far more important things.

I'm not sure there's a right answer for this particular situation. As others have mentioned, it could get ugly really fast. You could find yourself in a physical confrontation that you might not want to be in! As important as the cause is, it's not worth getting yourself killed for!

I would call the local Humane Society and report the incident. That's what they are trained to do.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:51 AM   #20

Quote:
I sure wish people would be as willing to get involved if it were a spouse or child in question.

I DO!
Have since I was a teenager.....Daddy raised us to respect women and to stand up for what is right. He was 'enlightened' and tough as nails.

An 'abuser' is truly a coward and will fold when 'called' on their actions.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:20 PM   #21

Who knows what is in the RV. If it's that bad a call to the police would be my first move.
Not worth a fight, stabbing, or a bullet...
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie. View Post
Who knows what is in the RV. If it's that bad a call to the police would be my first move.
Not worth a fight, stabbing, or a bullet...
Sounds extreme but yeah... All it takes is that one Odd encounter with a kook to create a lot of serious problems.
Electrojake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:04 PM   #23

I realize im not a dog person. I mean i love pets and i really love others pets and all animals (other than gators and crocs). But i know i cant afford to take care of one with food and medical needs so thats why i dont have one. Plus there are days like today when im in bed till almost 4pm because im just not with it or ignoring the day or just sick and i know i would not be able to always accomodate the dogs needs.

I feel bad for those pets that i see with panhandlers in the city, poor things hungry and thirsty too.
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 HD cooling
Durango Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:20 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Maybe an anonomous note on the door will get his attention. Sad to see any animal treated poorly.
Take care.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:36 PM   #25

I m not big, about 5 ft and 100 pounds, so I guess I would just have to be sneaky and steal that poor dog. I hate people who are bullies, to animals, children and other people.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:41 PM   #26

x2^^

Unfortunately in my moderately long life I've learned that there is only one way to "retrain" a bully . . .
Old 06-30-2017, 09:59 PM   #27

I think confrontation is not a good way to go, in a campground a few years ago I saw a guy hitting his dog. I called the ASPCA and next day they came and took the dog away from it's owner with police help. Anyone who hurts an animal has no respect for either himself or the animal.
easywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:22 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Duke

I believe the fellow in your picture said " talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much". You might try that........
Txice is offline   Reply With Quote