Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2016, 10:05 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My arthritis is almost null in Az. Its already starting now that the temps have dropped below 60 at the S&B.
Of course the friendly people are a plus also.
No sno shoveling either.
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2016, 10:51 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am a life long, year round, allergy sufferer. Bad for me places I have lived - Indiana, South Georgia, and New Orleans. Good places - Victorville CA in the high desert, and San Diego inland.

A Google search will find a variety of allergen maps. Current, seasonal, etc.

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:59 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've noticed that whenever we travel out west (CO, AZ,NM) my knees don't hurt like they do in Chicago. I breathe better, I sleep better. Yes, the dry air causes some skin issues, mostly for my wife, but we can deal with that. When she retires, we'll be selling the house and moving west. Living in the Chicago area is just not healthy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:04 AM   #18

I was stationed in Phoenix at Williams AFB many years ago before Phoenix became a huge metro area. Even back then my allergies were worse in Phoenix than they were here in Western NY or even at college in NW Ohio. I constantly was sneezing in Phoenix. The combination of smog and dust also bothered me.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Buy stock in a good thick lotion company and lip balm company and you will be ok. I have to use large amounts of both or my skin cracks. That hurts! I also don't like all the dust storms. But I do like the dry air and the absolutely beautiful sunsets!
Melmoses is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:58 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
As a native Arizonan, I can tell you our winters are very dry, even having been compared to the Sahara desert! The combination of dry air in general, heaters and fireplaces dry it even more and many of us suffer with sinusitis in the winter. I strongly suggest a humidifier at night, as this will help alleviate some of those problems. Hydration is essential and many people tend to drink less when the air is cooler, not realizing they need the same of water as in the summer! As for allergies, dry air = dust! If you are allergic to dust, you will have allergy problems!
Old 10-14-2016, 08:39 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Here we sit in BC, it is and will pound rain for the next week or so. My arthritis is off the end of the chart and I have a bad chest cold on top of things.
Yes definitely I would feel better in AZ!! I always do!
But for other reasons we cannot go this year. To those who can enjoy!!
Old 10-14-2016, 09:41 PM   #22
RVM1

Do you feel better in Arizona ?

Just because Arthur Itis is not a as flagrant a villain while in AZ, does not mean I will "wax on, wax off" there, but it is worth a celebration to hoist a brewski and raise a cheer!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:47 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Just because Arthur Itis is not a as flagrant a villain while in AZ, does not mean I will "wax on, wax off" there, but it is worth a celebration to hoist a brewski and raise a cheer!
Arthur is the worst one of the Itis brothers...
Old 10-15-2016, 07:39 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
I'm a lifelong southeasterner and my wife is a very rare native Atlantan. I've had sinus problems and allergies most of my life and they suck. Humidity sucks. Stagnant air sucks. And most of all, mosquitos suck. My wife's sister and her family live in Colorado and my aunt and uncle live in Arizona. Whenever we visit, within a day or so my head is clear and I have no problems. So YES, I feel much better in AZ (and CO). I have wanted to move out there for a long time, and now I'll finally get the chance.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:35 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by marknpeg View Post
I'm a lifelong southeasterner and my wife is a very rare native Atlantan. I've had sinus problems and allergies most of my life and they suck. Humidity sucks. Stagnant air sucks. And most of all, mosquitos suck. My wife's sister and her family live in Colorado and my aunt and uncle live in Arizona. Whenever we visit, within a day or so my head is clear and I have no problems. So YES, I feel much better in AZ (and CO). I have wanted to move out there for a long time, and now I'll finally get the chance.
Good for you to make the move. We are doing the same thing after iiving in SoCal for 53 years, making our move to the White Mountains. Looking forward to leaving what this place has become.
Old 10-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Good for you Man! If a couple brewski's fixes it good on you!
Old 10-15-2016, 08:13 PM   #27

Starting in late February/March I have allergies in Wickenburg and my eyes swell shut and I couldn't go out until the evening, I'm gone from Arizona for that reason.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:25 PM   #28
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by easywind View Post
Starting in late February/March I have allergies in Wickenburg and my eyes swell shut and I couldn't go out until the evening, I'm gone from Arizona for that reason.

We all suffer uniquely.
I can't stay more than a week where juniper trees are.
Have not tried Wickenburg. Got Juniper?
I'm good in Yuma, Tucson, Benson....the Sonoran desert is great!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arizona