Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #15

There are a lot of I'll call them rude, I would not buy one of those (because because you can't afford it), what kind of milage do you get (who cares it not yours), don't buy that buy this one because I bought one and it's better. There are several posters that bash other rver's brand be happy for them they bought it because they liked it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Funny, we were just talking about this. Neighbor on one side always upbeat and "things are good" attitude. Neighbor on the other side just the opposite being negative and the world is out to get him.

Neighbor #1 just had a heart attack and he was telling me about it keeping me in stitches laughing at the way he described the whole episode from the attack, ambulance ride, emergency room where he died and was brought back to life and his rehab.

Neighbor #2 came within a hair of flipping upside down into his pond while clearing brush with his Bobcat. He, being about 500 feet away, was yelling for help as he was trapped and couldn't get out, and if the Bobcat had slipped just a inch more he would have been trapped inside the cage under 10 feet of water. I jumped on my 4 wheel drive John Deere tractor with ropes and chains that I keep in a box on the tractor and drove over to his pond as fast as I could. As I got closer I could hear him screaming " don't attempt to help me with that toy of a tractor you have, get my real tractor you fool"!!!

Yes, it takes all kinds to make this world go around.
I would be reading his obituary.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #17

I started out grumpy, and as I move toward retirement, and my dementia kicks in, I find myself happy, I'm just not sure why.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #18

Jeff Dunham's pal Walter is my idol.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #19
laj

Yes, Walter has a great attitude and perspective.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #20

I work with a couple of grumps, but I really do adore them and when they get on a roll I just call 'em Eeyore.
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Life is too short to worry about every little thing.

Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff!

Dan
Old 08-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #22

I agree with much of what Rmiscoord said, but I remain an optimist, at heart. My experiences; losing my mom to breast cancer, surviving breast cancer for 23 years working as an RN, and raising 4 kids have greatly influenced my life. Life is complicated and full of ups and downs; many of which I have no control. I have concentrated on finding at least 1 beautiful event each and every day. If you only concentrate on the black, or only one rigid viewpoint, you discount the many possibilities that might be viable options to provide some reasons to smile and have a sense of optimism. Like Rmiscoord, I have enough food, shelter, good health and pride of my life's work and enjoy the many gifts of the natural world. Maybe some have unrealistic expectations that are the source of their pessimistic viewpoints. I try to avoid pessimists because of their negative viewpoints.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #23

Solo Rvers Club
The planet's a mess, and it can get me down. So, I try to live smart and be responsible for my actions.

I'm going to Montana tomorrow for some trout fishing. The river's are clean, and the trout never whine. I highly recommend it.
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #24

Thanks Kent, you've just caused me to have a mini flash-back of my last 40-50 years.

I've been know to say: Don't take life too seriously; you're not going to get out of it alive anyway, but that doesn't stop me from complaining about things I can not change. Things like that guy who puts a copyright on just about everything he hears just to make money. Things like "Three-Peat" and/or "Let's roll". No respect; he just does it to make money. I also like to think that I have changed some people's lives for the better by sharing what I have learned and experienced over my 65 years.

I'm probably the most negative person I know. I just call it like it is and don't make stuff up to complain about. What I find most irritating is so-called friends who make false stuff up about me, just to make themselves look good in front of other people. Alcohol is usually involved.

I'm looking forward to a positive new dune season with my new to me MH come October. Right now, I can't even work on it. It's over 90 by 8am, and was another record 116 today. I would have no problem working on it at all hours of the night, but I don't want to bother my neighbor. She still works and I don't want to interrupt her sleep. She could easily put up a wall or fence down our property line and negatively affect my life. As parked, I couldn't even get in it to work on it or even get in to drive it.

Health wise, my back is getting better after 4 epidurals and other than loosing my hair and teeth, I'm doing alright. I thought my body was going to outlast my mind, but lately, I'm not so sure.

The way this country, world and weather is going, I'm not so sure I want to live to a ripe old age. What if the Aztecs were right? Think about it. What difference would it make if the World blew up and all life, as we know it, ceased to exist. Who would care? Really, who would care? If There's other life out there, and they receive our TV commercials. They would have good reason to not want to have anything to do with us and I don't blame them.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:19 AM   #25

I should have said it doesn't get below 90 overnight.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
THANK YOU ALL:

Have been really down in the dumps for sometime now just in general, worrying, fretting and even angry about ..........well........just "things." It was kinda becoming overwhelming. Was thinking nobody else experiences these feelings, but....that ain't true. When they say..."gettin old ain't for sissies"....THAT'S for sure.

You're discussion in this thread kinda shows we ALL go through this to a greater or lesser degree, and when it comes down to it, sharing these thoughts and feelings, whether here on the iRV2 forum, or sittin in our lawn chairs at a campground, AND...laughing together at our commonly experienced feelings and foibles, makes it ALOT better.

THANKS AGAIN.

Steve
Old 08-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #27

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by davleb View Post
I started out grumpy, and as I move toward retirement, and my dementia kicks in, I find myself happy, I'm just not sure why.
I hear that Davleb!
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #28

Wut... are we typing about?