Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #113

I agree - be serious and respectful on the I (especially to those who make their living in the road) - don't hold up folks making a living "out there" - this is a good reply: read it and understand we share the road.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #114

I set my cruise on 2000RPM - nomally around 67 MPH. That way, most drivers are passing me, rather than me passing them and I am NOT touching my brakes and normally NOT holding-up the 18 wheelers. I am looking to getting close to12 MPG in an in-line six cylinder turbo-charged diesel at 2000 RPM.. Anything less than 60 mph pisses off the truckers who must play the hills - I respect that they are trying to make a living "out there" and I do my best to stay out of their way - flashing hazard lights during the day and clearance lights at night to be respectful of their profession during passing revolutions. We could all do that and .better our mutual reputation,

Old 07-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #115

I drive by my tachometer; 1500 RPM keeps me out of the way and good gas mileage.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #116

25 and 35 MPH no question this person is trolling; looking to start something; I've traveled many. many interstates and never seen any one traveling that slow. 25 on a rual road, only farmers pulling a wagon go that slow.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #117

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
25 and 35 MPH no question this person is trolling; looking to start something; I've traveled many. many interstates and never seen any one traveling that slow. 25 on a rual road, only farmers pulling a wagon go that slow.
Which reply was that from, I think I missed it.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #118

What I do is follow a Semi, I find one that is going about 62 or 63 mph, some of them have govenors and that is all the faster they can go. I stay about 20 or so car lengths behind him and set the cruise. Just chill out and enjoy the ride.
dagray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
Once in a while strange things happen to posts on this web site; they just disappear.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #120

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvagediver View Post
I agree - be serious and respectful on the I (especially to those who make their living in the road) - don't hold up folks making a living "out there" - this is a good reply: read it and understand we share the road.

You said a mouthful!

I have more of a "trailer-imposed" speed limit- my '78 Trillium doesn't like to go much over 60 when behind my short wheelbase Kia Sportage.
I'm also a little underpowered when going over mountain passes- it's often just me and the bigrigs in the slow lane headed for the summit.
I also keep one eye on the rearviews for people coming up behind me and always let them by as soon as possible. I know what it's like to be stuck behind a slower driver on a two-lane highway. I'd rather have folks disappearing over the horizon ahead than "pacing" the road behind me.
I get lots of "thankyou waves" when I let them by, too- especially since I stuck this "spokesturtle" on the back of the trailer. It seems to give folks a bit of a laugh while they're waiting for me to get out of their way!
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #121

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
The reply is from post 108

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #122

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
The reply is from post 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
Melvonnar

Go to General Discussion/USA Lands of the Nomads/Post 22

Trolling????

jack
Old 07-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #123

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EelKat View Post
Yep. I do. And everybody passes me while shaking their fists and screaming all sorts of unrepeatables. One of the most common phrases thrown my way is: "You drive like an old lady!"

35MPH

Yep. That's it. And that seriously high for me 25MPH not unusual.

If I get on the Interstate I get up to 45MPH only because law requires you drive at a 45MPH minimum.

Why? My father was a speed demon. Rarely drove under 70. Between my 6th and 12th years I had been in 14 major car accidents, every one of them caused by speed, most cases a result of doing 85MPH threw a red light or a stop sign. I spent a lot of my childhood sitting in ERs and learning to be terrified to get near cars.

Why did my father never go to jail, never lose his license, never get a ticket, and never once even get a warning? Abusing the system. He was a fire fighter and would flash his badge and lie to the police office at the accident by saying he was on his way to a fire, even though he never was, during any of the accidents, and I never understood why no one ever questioned why he had his wife and kids in the car on his way to a fire?

I spent many years terrified to drive a car and was 35 years old before I got my driving permit and took my first road test.

I have a serious phobia of speeders, fast cars, and being on major highways. Rarely will you see me off a road marked over 45MPH.

I also know that in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermort there is NO speed limit over 65MPH and that is on the INTERSTATE ONLY and there are NO roads in these 3 states marked higher than 45MPH other than RT1 which is 50MPH. This is THE LAW. So reading other posts here, I'm assuming other states allow higher speed limits??? Because I see the average answer to be "I drive slow at only 65 - 75MPH". Slow? You call that slow? That's 20 miles over the HIGHEST posted limits in Maine! Which incur a fine of $500 for every 10 miles over the limit. Your slow would get you a $1,000 fine in Maine.
I just read all of EelKats other posts and have come to the conclusion that she is either a gifted writer or the unluckiest person that I have ever come across. It makes for some incredible reading !!!!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #124

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
I just read all of EelKats other posts and have come to the conclusion that she is either a gifted writer or the unluckiest person that I have ever come across. It makes for some incredible reading !!!!
If you ever get a chance read the bio of J. K. Rowling.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #125

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I go between 55 and 60 on the two lanes and 63 on the interstate.I have been known to stretch her out a little on the interstate with a gusty tail wind.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack R View Post
Melvonnar

Go to General Discussion/USA Lands of the Nomads/Post 22

Trolling????

jack
Did; sorry I don't get the connection;

Like all posts here; some beleave able some not; some just made up; some not; you just have to seperate the wheat from the chaff.