Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #1

Question Do you regret getting dentures?

I am now 60 years old and my top teeth have started cracking and coming apart. I spent $7,500 8 years ago to "fix" all of them and now I'm thinking about just getting upper dentures.

Do you regret getting dentures and wish you had your org. teeth fixed or are your dentures working well?

Thank for your replies because this is a big decision for me.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #2

MRBB---Everyone will probably feel different. I got dentures when I was in my fiftys. Have never wished for my real teeth back. Only thing I cant eat is taffy, carmel apples and chew gum.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #3

I hate to show my age but no I don't regret it at all. Uppers are a piece of cake. Make sure they fit well. If you have other than perfect teeth it will improve your smile and well being. Bill
Old 01-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBB View Post
I am now 60 years old and my top teeth have started cracking and coming apart. I spent $7,500 8 years ago to "fix" all of them and now I'm thinking about just getting upper dentures.

Do you regret getting dentures and wish you had your org. teeth fixed or are your dentures working well?

Thank for your replies because this is a big decision for me.
There is a huge industry that makes and sells denture adhesive😫 that might tell you something!
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc

There is a huge industry that makes and sells denture adhesivedde2b that might tell you something!
Yes but what?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #6

I have had dentures for about the last 40 years. Have never regretted it at all. Just got a new set (uppers) last year and from day one I haven't had a problem with them. I can eat anything I want - corn on cob, apples, steak, etc. The only thing I can't do is chew regular gum as it sticks to the plate material - not the teeth.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #7

Freedent gum works best with false teeth
danandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #8

I got a full mouth of implants in Costa Rica 6 years ago,greatest thing I ever did.Throw away your dentures,get implants.
greezykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Yes but what?
That many people have to put glue in their mouth to keep the dentures stable. And let's not talk about your sense of taste!
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #10

Dentures beats the hell out of ugly snags, foul breath, fillings coming out within a few days of being put in, crowns coming off or wearing thru, and eating nothing but soft foods! Mine at 37 even tho I tried everything under the sun to keep the ones that I grew up with. But not to be. First time you take them out and look in the mirror is quite shocking. But, within a month and after your gums heal it isn't so bad. Try to keep adhesive use to a minimum so your gums determine the fit.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #11

Thanks for the replies. I guess so far it made a big difference. It's a decision that is like a tattoo, once you do it there is no going back.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
I've had uppers for about 9-10 years, got them in my 40s. Uppers are not bad at all, plenty of contact area so they stay in well.

Lowers (last 3-4 years) are another story completely, no matter how well they fit they don't stick as well, certainly better than a bunch of damaged teeth but nowhere near as good as OEM.
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #13

I had braces when I was a kid, they straightened my teeth but when removed I had holes through several of my teeth! The SS bands were not tight and ruined my teeth. I bought my teeth when I was in my mid 40', and have been so glad I did! Full uppers and lowers with no problems! I sleep with them in my mouth! I only remove them to brush and clean! I have friends that carry them in their pocket and hate them and can'y figure out why they hurt when they eat!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #14

PS....if you get them be careful with hot foods and coffee! This takes a little getting used to but you will learn fast. Also I wished I had done it years earlier!