Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #71

Monaco Owners Club
Another rider here. I wasn't allowed to have a road bike when living at home under my parents roof but we rode dirt bikes. Once I got married I got bitten by the motorcycle bug bigtime. I have had many different bikes over the last 25 years of marriage and always dreamed of owning a Harley. Now we have three in our stable.

Our touring bike. 2004 Ultra Classic. I just bought this bike about a year ago and started building it from there. The wife wanted something a little more comfortable for her to ride on back of. Started as a TC88 and now is 95 cubic inches.

My "hot rod". 2010 Dyna Wide Glide.

Our son's 2012 Street Bob. He bought a 2008 Buell right out of high school and rode it for about two years. He sold it last spring and bought the HD as he is so tall it is more comfortable for him to stretch out on.

We are actually having so much fun riding as a family we are selling our sand toys due to lack of use. We haul the bikes and the Jeep around in our enclosed trailer to enjoy.

I am not a advocate of riding long distances because I don't like staying in hotels, that is the point of the RV. Instead we haul the bikes to destinations and then ride the hell out of them and use the coach as base camp.

Mike.

zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2014, 04:05 PM   #72

Yes, here is a picture of my 2000 Heritage with my DW on board.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120504_184921.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	448.2 KB
ID:	53341  

Cobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #73

Rexhall Owners Group
Don't ride as much since DW's RA ended her riding days, but did take the '99 Road King Classic along with eldest grandson on his Honda Shadow Ace 1100 on a round trip (Dayton to California and back) two summers ago with a stop in Sturgis. Nearly three weeks of making great memories and a promise that he will recreate the trip with is grandson someday. We probably made an interesting sight at 64 and 19!
Old 01-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #74

Ridin Harley's

We ride as much as time permits. As the wife just "graduated" to her new Super Glide I have just traded our 2007 ultra classic in on a new 2014 street glide special.

The new street glide is awesome.

Now we are looking to purchase a pop up camper that can be towed by one of us.

Anyone have any experience with this type of trailer?
Old 01-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #75

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56safari View Post
Don't ride as much since DW's RA ended her riding days, but did take the '99 Road King Classic along with eldest grandson on his Honda Shadow Ace 1100 on a round trip (Dayton to California and back) two summers ago with a stop in Sturgis. Nearly three weeks of making great memories and a promise that he will recreate the trip with is grandson someday. We probably made an interesting sight at 64 and 19!
That is awesome. I enjoy riding with our son and hope to someday ride with a grandson as well as my son.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty View Post
We ride as much as time permits. As the wife just "graduated" to her new Super Glide I have just traded our 2007 ultra classic in on a new 2014 street glide special.

The new street glide is awesome.

Now we are looking to purchase a pop up camper that can be towed by one of us.

Anyone have any experience with this type of trailer?
We pulled this one about 30,000 miles.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:02 PM   #77

Name:	image-3911817368.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	596.9 KB
ID:	53453

Ride as often as I can but it has been a long winter
HWH Active Air Suspension 2014 Wrangler
DRL1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:05 PM   #78

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a few friends who ride royal blue Harleys in the summer at work.

Nice bikes, come with extra iights and a radio or two too.

I've a few friends who ride other color Harleys too.

(Royal blue is the primary color of Michigan State Police vehicles).
Old 01-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #79

Rode a '00 Heritage Springer for 10 years. After years of straight roads here in FL. and folks that seemed not to be able to see a motorcycle, I gave it up. Besides, the Jeep does a better job with all the back roads less traveled now that we RV.

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #80

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
That is awesome. I enjoy riding with our son and hope to someday ride with a grandson as well as my son.

Mike.
Our grandson will be 3 next month - we take him on rides through campgrounds but haven't had him out on the road yet. But that will happen soon (once we get him his own helmet!):

Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #81

2010 Ultra Classic , can't ride right now . Will soon
Old 01-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #82

Too bad, the unusual dry and warm winter we are experiencing here in Cali has made riding daily an option. Keep the shiny side up.

2013 Palazzo 33.3
2007 Road King.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:07 PM   #83

Heavy Metal

I bought my first one in 1973. I bought this 1995 FXSTC new, after waiting all night in the Peterson's HD South parking lot for the privilege of being one of the first 10 lucky souls in line to pay full list price for one of 10 new 883 Sportsters...which nobody wanted...but which was required to be traded in at 85% of the purchase price, sometime over the next year, for any big twin, whenever the factory was able to ship one. My, how times have changed. The show rooms are absolutely loaded these days. Many dealerships have closed their doors.

When they are no longer ridden, Harleys (not Harley's) make nice metal sculptures in the living room. Since moving out of the S&B, mine has been put in a storage locker. I would sell it, but people expect you to give them away. For chump change, I'll just keep it.

Besides...now if some idiot texter wants to cross over the center line and hit me head on...they can kiss the front end of my 36,000 pound freedom rig. That will make THEIR day, for sure.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1653.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	720.5 KB
ID:	53790  
Old 03-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
We pulled this one about 30,000 miles.

I have had 2 Bunkhouse campers Bunkhouse Camper Trailers since 1974 Jacksboro TN a 1 KwickKamp. KwickKamp are no longer made but are good trailers. I have towed these over 80,000 miles. There also is Lightweight Pop-Up Tent Trailors | Pop Up Tent Trailers | Small Car Tent Trailors and Time Out, Time Out Trailers, Inc. Elkhart, IN Home . I also have a cyclemate cargo trailer. They are easy to tow, it's like anything just takes some practice and make sure your tires are in excellent shape. I have sold the camper and now am retrying tent camping using the cargo trailer, and am being reminded that the ground is hard and that is why I bought the camper in the first place, duh huh! But instead of another M/C camper I have decided I want a motorhome. Our career paths now limit the vacation time and to be able to maximize our off time I think a motorhome towing the bikes will get us to whatever area we want to explore and have more quality time while we are there. If you'd like anymore information I will be happy to let you hear my pros and cons of the different brands.