Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #127

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
'81 FXE that I've had for 26 years.
'06 Custom Bobber that I built for my wife.
'08 Heritage Classic. My "geezer glide" for the long runs. Just have to figure out how to haul it with the MH we just bought. Used to haul it in the TT toy hauler.
Red Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2014, 07:35 PM   #128

2007 Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 151k miles, had since new. DW has 2013 Softtail Deluxe. Towed on motorcycle trailer behind Southwind. Roading and riding... All good!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:22 AM   #129

Monaco Owners Club
Harley Sportster (how to haul)

We have a Harley Sportster. I passenger and it is a rough ride for me. Just got an RV DP and are still figuring out easiest way to take it with us (instead of towing the car). We have been told not go mount directly behind the RV because of heat coming off the back. Anyone with ideas, please pass them on.
sstehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:30 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstehman View Post
We have a Harley Sportster. I passenger and it is a rough ride for me. Just got an RV DP and are still figuring out easiest way to take it with us (instead of towing the car). We have been told not go mount directly behind the RV because of heat coming off the back. Anyone with ideas, please pass them on.
We tow our two on a small trailer.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstehman View Post
We use the cruiser lift and friends use the hydralift. There are no heat issues. We have the goldwing on the lift and tow an f150 with the lift behind a tiffin phaeton 40 single axel
Old 05-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #132

Monaco Owners Club
Mine's been modified a bit....Goes pretty good but uses about 8-10 gallons per miles.
courtjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:52 AM   #133

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtjester View Post
Mine's been modified a bit....Goes pretty good but uses about 8-10 gallons per miles.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Top Fuel/Nitro?

Mike.
zmotorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Top Fuel/Nitro?

Mike.
Incredible !!!!!! cojones of steel and extra large
Old 05-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #135

Monaco Owners Club
Yeah, its my top fuel harley. I've had it for about 8 years. I took last year off and just about have it ready for a few races this year. On a good day it will run 6.8's and about 208 mph in the quarter. On a bad day...airlifted to trauma center, ten days in the hospital, 3 months in a wheel chair and more surgery than I care to remember. Its not the brightest thing I've ever done.
courtjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:14 PM   #136

Freightliner Owners Club
Oh No!!! Not sure how this will be received.

Harley-Davidson unveiled its first electric motorcycle Thursday, and promised it will still sound really cool.

"The sound is a distinct part of the thrill," chief marketing officer Mark-Hans Richer said in a news release. "Think fighter jet on an aircraft carrier."

The electric Harley, dubbed Project LiveWire, isn't for sale yet. The iconic motorcycle manufacturer kicks off a promotional tour next week to give customers a chance to test the bike, which it says will have all the edge of a gas-guzzling hog.

----prototype goes 53 miles on a charge?? but 0-60 in 4.+ seconds
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #137

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
I really asked this on another thread as a joke, it just looked like all everyone did was hauls Harley's around.
Well there is a reason they call it the Harley OWNERS Group and we call ours the RIDERS Association of Triumph. Unbiased opinion - even though I do ride a Triumph.
Enjoying the simple life w/a 1994 Winnebago Brave 31RQ (A). Past RVs; RoadTrek (B), Starcraft Pop-up, Coachmen (C), MinnieWinnie (C) and an American Something-or-other (TT). Started it all off as a teenager in a 1964 Apache Pop-up we named Wag Along.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #138

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Oh No!!! Not sure how this will be received.

Harley-Davidson unveiled its first electric motorcycle Thursday, and promised it will still sound really cool.

"The sound is a distinct part of the thrill," chief marketing officer Mark-Hans Richer said in a news release. "Think fighter jet on an aircraft carrier."

The electric Harley, dubbed Project LiveWire, isn't for sale yet. The iconic motorcycle manufacturer kicks off a promotional tour next week to give customers a chance to test the bike, which it says will have all the edge of a gas-guzzling hog.

----prototype goes 53 miles on a charge?? but 0-60 in 4.+ seconds
53 miles on a charge is not going to find a huge following. We usually take our Harleys out for day trips, not rides to the local store.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:58 AM   #139

Freightliner Owners Club
I'm sure the battery technology will improve. Nice concept! Still, it's a novelty for the Prius folks and posers...

Good Test drive video here__ Test drive: Harley-Davidson's "LiveWire" electric motorcycles - CBS News
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibike View Post
Well there is a reason they call it the Harley OWNERS Group and we call ours the RIDERS Association of Triumph. Unbiased opinion - even though I do ride a Triumph.
I know what you mean, I belong to the Goldwing Road Riders Association.
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote