Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #1

Dog shoots man

I post this article for two reasons. Safety is first! A guns safety lever\button is there for a valid reason, use it. Always keep a gun under your direct control.
My second reason? Shotshells do not have good penetration, but can make a large, painful, surface wound.
Now, the article.
P.S. treat your dog well, otherwise____ you might be next.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Never ever leave a gun out of your hands with a round in the chamber.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Sometimes dogs can be a pain in the buttocks!!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Regarding the line about shot shells being very painful.....

Troopers arresting a suspect, When they rang the doorbell he cuts and runs out the back door.. Of course, unlike the TV shows where hey holler "he's going out the back" and start to run.... Troopers, with Shotgun, were waiting for him as he jumped over the fence.. Ever see the old Dick Tracy Cartoon show where the character holds up his hand and says "HOLD EVERYTHING" and bullets freeze in mid-flight? Well, the suspect froze in mid jump.. Kind of slowly drifted down and did not even need to be told to "Assume the position".

They ask him why he was so cooperative. "Don't want to get shot"

"That never stopped you before" (This was his forth trip down the river.. First 3 times Detroit police had had to shoot him) "They use handguns.. Those shotguns mess you up too much"

Thinking about when that happened.. he might be out of prison by now.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #5

Reminds me of the line "You feed me the same scrappola every night, you make me go out in all kinds of weather to do my business, you cut my beejeebers off and you still expect me to be your best friend?" Dog 1 hunter no score.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #6

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyM View Post
Reminds me of the line "You feed me the same scrappola every night, you make me go out in all kinds of weather to do my business, you cut my beejeebers off and you still expect me to be your best friend?" Dog 1 hunter no score.
The interesting thing is they still love us.

That reminds me of an old Married with Children episode when Al had a dream the night before he was supposed to take the family dog, Buck, in to be neutered. In the dream, Sam Kinison was dressed up in a dog suit as Buck wearing a pair of shorts, lamenting his loss and laying a guilt trip on Al. Normally, I'm not a fan of Maried with Children and Sam Kinison, but that episode was hilarious!
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:11 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Fortunately he was duck hunting with bird shot and not hunting larger game with slugs or a large bore rifle.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:31 AM   #8
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

This just once again proves that Truth is stranger then Fiction!!!!!

Remember All: LIVE, LAUGH & ENJOY!!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #9

Pond Piggies Club
Pump action shotguns will go off, with a round in the chamber, and the butt of the weapon is struck on the ground. I've seen some holes in the roofs of cars because they hit a bump in the road.

I still think it's funny. I wonder how long it will take him to live that down. I bet that dog will get Alpo from now on.
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #10

I havent' heard it but once, but today another very similar incident happened. This time the guy was 6' from the shotgun. He too was not seriously wounded. "Here's your sign!" seems to be commonplace these days.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote