Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
As a point of reference these mods cleaned up the first post by Bigdogs and my irate response. I think they did a good job of cutting the thread off as it was only going down from there.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yeah, I see your point exactly. Typical of what goes on over there. Glad your son is OK. There are a few that will just make you scratch your head.

Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
As a point of reference these mods cleaned up the first post by Bigdogs and my irate response. I think they did a good job of cutting the thread off as it was only going down from there.
After reading the thread, I reported it to the mods over there. Don't know if that's why they edited, but it helps to let them know you don't like what's going on.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Hondo122
I will toss in my two cents on this. I worked for the Fed Gov for over 25 years and part of that time I worked with what was called either special use permits or worked with how concessionairs are handled, etc when getting a contract to operate with federal lands, Park Service or National Forest.
I would encourage you, even tho you have made a phone call, to send a formal complaint and also documention of what occued, times, dates and that type of thing.
In addition I would state in your letter the safety concerns as they could very well be violating part of their contract. Generally they are very specific about what they are required, etc.
Also when sending a letter of concern/complaint start at the top (find out who is actually in charge) of the National Park you went to. Find the name and address and send directly to that person.
Keep a copy of your letter and give them a time line for responding to your concern/complaint. In a nutshell the squeeky wheel gets the grease and if they are unaware of this situation or potential situtions this is the only way they find out about it.
Often time the same concessionaire gets the contract time after time and becomes lax in their approach and concerns.
I have written many a letter, both complimentary and also mad as heck "concern".
As much as you can simply document the situation, what happened, when how and that.
I am so glad your son is safe, trust me cannot even imagine what that would have been like.
I am new to irv2 but thought I would share what knowledge I have of how this works.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
If you think RV.Net Moderators are a little harsh, you should try Monacoers. Those Guys are about as bad as it gets. If you make a statement, true or not, they will jump you and say you are full of BS. When you prove them wrong, they close the posts and ban you.

Now I know they are all old Guys with lots of experience, but they are the most childish group I have ever met. The only people that post there now are a few real old timers, the moderators or a newbie just before he gets slapped down.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #20

I can state with absolute certainty that with -some- sites the manufacturers have the final say regarding what posts are allowed to remain or become established and I can also state categorically and unequivically that there are TWO forums which refuse to yield to oem and oem shill censorship/pressure and continue to allow a free exchange of ideas and comments; this site is one of the two.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Okay rough road, end the suspense. Who/what is the other forum ?

Kerry
Old 03-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #22

Jim Stewart: IS that Monacoers.com? I tried to get in to see what its about and I see its a site for sale or something!. I know I wouldn't want to join an outfit as you explained, just wanted to see what that site bites about.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Follow up on Flamingo It took me till today to send an email to the operator of the boat concession at Flamingo, 1 hour later I received an email apologizing for the actions and inaction's by his employee and informing me that I would receive a full refund on my credit card. I will admit I write a convincing letter and CC the Superintendent of the Park and my Local Congressman (who I went to apprentice school with) may have added an extra layer of pressure to do the right thing. I will send him a thank you letter after my card is credited. PS the manager will be terminated for his actions. thanks for the support. IRV2 is the best
Old 03-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Hondo

Another good job. Taste of unemployment might wake him up to think twice before doing NOTHING.

jack
Old 03-21-2011, 10:16 PM   #25

Good on you Mike.
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
Follow up on Flamingo It took me till today to send an email to the operator of the boat concession at Flamingo, 1 hour later I received an email apologizing for the actions and inaction's by his employee and informing me that I would receive a full refund on my credit card. I will admit I write a convincing letter and CC the Superintendent of the Park and my Local Congressman (who I went to apprentice school with) may have added an extra layer of pressure to do the right thing. I will send him a thank you letter after my card is credited. PS the manager will be terminated for his actions. thanks for the support. IRV2 is the best
WELL DONE
Thats the way to deal with stupid people.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #27

Mid Atlantic Campers
It's been my experience on RV.net that if you post ANYTHING on there you should be prepared to get flamed instead of helped.
I can't count the times I've seen a dozen or more people post the same response to a new members common question that has been answered before. They immediately attack and ridicule them for not using the search feature (which, by the way, isn't very good), or something similar.
That's just one example, there are many, many more, but what kills me the most is the double standard, one for the cliche, and one for everybody else.
This forum is about the best I have found on our topic, the people here are cordial to each other and helpful, you can't ask for much more than that.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MD View Post
Jim Stewart: IS that Monacoers.com? I tried to get in to see what its about and I see its a site for sale or something!. I know I wouldn't want to join an outfit as you explained, just wanted to see what that site bites about.

Here is link for Monacoers!

Monacoers : Monacoers