Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2011, 05:23 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Dont wake gypsy

DONT WAKE GYPSY

Like most of you ''full grown guys'' I have to get up usually once or twice a nite to answer the call of nature. This is part of getting old and we all get use to it.

Last nite I got the ''urge'' to answer the call of nature and when I rolled over to slide out of bed I woke My Willa. She asked if I was OK and I said I was fine but I was going to see ''mother nature''.. She mentioned that I should not wake Gypsy because she would want to spend the rest of the nite with us in the big bed. Gypsy was sleeping with Finnie in a dog box in the living room.

Willa had left the light on in the bathroom and I decided it would be a good idea to turn the light off so it would not shine in the living room and wake Gypsy. I eased around the bed and cracked the bathroom door open and reached inside and turned off the light. In the process that ''flash'' of light wrecked my night vision. No matter, I should not have a problem going into the bathroom with the ambient lite thru the vent. Our bathroom has a 'step up' of about four inches that I have stepped over for ten years. In the dark I mis judged the step up and I stumbled over the step and hit the back wall of the bathroom with a loud ''THUMP''. In the process of stumbling I managed to smash my left ''pinkie toe'' into the door jam of the bathroom. I whispered ''SHUX''. I could swear I heard a crunching sound and I figured I had lost my toe nail. I regained my stance and shut the door and switched on the lite. Bingo...... My pinkie toe was turning blue and my toe nail was popped up with a trickel of blood. I said ''SHUX'' but not loud. I answered ''mother'' and turned the lite off again and started out of the bathroom and while I was carefully ''petting my left foot'' I stumbled over the magazine rack just inside the bathroom and fell out of the door and into the wall beside the tub/shower. I mumbled ''Shux'' again and Willa asked if I was ok and I said I was fine except I would probably be a cripple the rest of my life. I managed to make it to the medicine cabinet for a band aid for the toe and in the process I heard Gypsy starting to whimper in the living room. After first aid to my toe I sneaked back into bed with Willa and we laid there and listened to Gypsy whimper wanting to come to bed with us. I also listened to my heart beat in my toe. After fifteen minutes I got up, found a Darvoset for my toe and put Gypsy in the bathroom on her ''puppy pad'' and let her ''tinkle'' and then tossed her in the bed with Willa. She slept with us the rest of the nite. She is a good bed fellow in that she is small, don't snore, rarely passes gas and she don't wet the bed.

I think from now on I will do the simple thing when I need to go tinkle at nite. First, I will just get Gypsy, me and her will go tinkle leaving the lite in the bathroom on and then me and her will crawl in the bed with Willa. Much simpler....

ps. the toe nail is healing nicely now and I believe I will not lose it completely. Gypsy has gotten into the habit of waking me about five in the morning because she is like me.... SHE CANT MAKE IT ALL NIGHT WITHOUT GOING TO ''TINKLE'' AND MY WILLA SURE FEELS GOOD TO GYPSY AND ME.. (yep, she loves to sleep with us)....

God bless our Veterans. Some gave their life for our freedoms. Think about it.........

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I think you need one of those tinkle bottles they provide in the hospital. I have an extra one, if you are interested.

No, never mind. I can just imagine all kinds of scenarios you can get into with a tinkle bottle in bed.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:52 AM   #3

Hint hint,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,coke liter bottles............................
Old 03-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Seajay- Do you have more problems when you get out of the mountains? Sounds like a very memorable trip to Florida this year. At least it appears to be warm. All things heal- just slower when we get o--er. Kindest regards from Tennessee.
Safe travels.
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #5

Ok Seajay, although your antics are funny and very entertaining, I'm begining to wonder if you should be restricted from all activities without supervision and your normal attire of 'daytime' massive amounts of protective gear. Maybe you should start wearing your daytime duds at night for those calls to nature??

For those who have never seen Seajay out and about during his daily routine, here's a pic(from the security cameras) of him stocking up at the Melbourne Wal-Mart:

Only thing missing is the pink personal floatation device for falling out of his boat. Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for the picture. I always wondered what Seajay looked like
Old 03-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #7

Why do you think they let him stay in the Navy so long????

To keep him away from the Mens club.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:38 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
special note to Wayne the Marine and ''mick''

Reply to Wayne the Marine and ''mick'' the Minion Marine.
Love your idea about a ''Peeeeee Bottle'' but I have just one little bitty question.

''HOW THE HECK AM I GONNA GET GYPSY TO ''PEEEEEEE'' IN A BOTTLE?'' She is a girl and she aint got no ''thingie'' to point.....

(folks, this is why the My Navy is the ''keepers of the Marine Corps.'' The ''Corps People'' come up with some really good, half baked ideas)

ALL IN FUN GUYS....... Just had to do it.......lol......''ping''........

If they start one more WAR.... I am going to Washington to protest.....
Old 03-30-2011, 01:01 PM   #9
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh! I forgot Seajay! You wouldn't be able to get all that tattoo in the bottle, huh?

For Gypsy, get a wide mouth container. (just lay on the floor, just lay on the floor.)
Old 03-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
ROTF,LMAO...... U a mess Wayne, U remind me of ME.

btw. three ladies have sent me ''pm's'' askin' for a ''pix of the TattoO''...... what do you think? HuH?

God bless our troops and bring them all home now.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry shipmate, you lost me with the "puppy pad." Take the darn dog outside if she needs to pee. I just don't care how cold or dark it is.
While your out there, p on a bush.
Make sure it doesn't have any thorns.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:48 AM   #12

Do you have a camera with a real good macro lens ?
Old 03-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #13
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldrbob View Post
Do you have a camera with a real good macro lens ?
Darn! You beat me to it. You do know that he knows tattoo artists that can paint the encyclopedia on the head of a pin, right?

For those lost on the "P" pad, you have to read ALL of Seajay's posts to get an inkling of what he is trying to say. You also have to understand why the navy came up with the term "blowhard." (Just kidding Seajay, I know that in your case it's blow hard!)
Old 03-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Two thoughts SeaJay:

1. Leave the toilet seat up and train the dog to use it ..... seen cats do it.

2. Take a lesson from our pilot friends and install a P tube by the bed and out the wall (would double as an intruder deterent).

2003 Itasca Suncruiser 38G Workhorse W22 8.1L, 2005 Grand Cherokee Toad
Bob/Becky D - VA is offline   Reply With Quote