Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Drill, baby, drill !!!

With the turmoil that's been happening with our 'friends' in the Middle Eastern oil producing nations & what will most certainly have a disastrous effect on our nation's economy & our beloved RV lifestyle (the price of oil has spiked today) I will welcome drilling in my back yard.

As one who previously lived on the east end of Long Island in a waterfront community I'd have welcomed the sight of oil drilling rigs offshore & now living in NJ within driving distance of of the ocean - love to spend time at the beach - I say "bring it on!"

I understand that we cannot produce enough oil to become independent of our 'friends' but we have to start somewhere (think ANWAR) otherwise we will be brought to our knees. Our nation depends on foreign oil & the time to start thinking about becoming more self-sufficient is (was) yesterday !

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
a k
Newmar Owners Club
It ain't gonna happen. People with too much money that don't care what things cost are controlling things like where to drill. And I don't mean rich conservatives either.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Well I fell for it once. Sometime in the midddle 70's congressional testimony stated we would run out of fossil fuel by 1990. There was also testimony we were entering a new ice age.

So I traded my car with three 2-barrels for one with two 4-barrels (one less carb) that had a good heater. So..... the Mustang GT is staying, I don't care !

Old 02-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by a k View Post
It ain't gonna happen. People with too much money that don't care what things cost are controlling things like where to drill. And I don't mean rich conservatives either.

As long as the clowns that are controlling stuff now are in office.......you aren't just whistling Dixie with the above statement.
Remember "Without Truck's......America Stops" RVM129
"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the "Real Marines".
Major General Chesty Puller, USMC -
"Semper Fi"
Old 02-23-2011, 04:45 AM   #5
Vintage RV Owners Club
For starters, we don't have, never have had an energy policy in this country...... Ask yourself how our elected officials can allow our country to be so venerable and not have a plan for energy independence. It's been almost forty years since the first oil embargo and nothing's changed, we are still in a position of being held hostage by countries that have no love for us......
Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
We do have an energy policy and alot has changed.

No nuclear, where we once accepted.

No drilling off shore, where we once did.

No new Alaska drilling, where we once did.

Etc etc etc

Oh but we do get to jack up all food prices to ruin our corn crops in a false belief in Ethanol.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:38 AM   #7
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
We do have alternitives...

Available in 2, 4 or 6 horse power
1999 Fleetwood Bounder 32H
Many Places Full Time
No Dog * No Cat * No Co-Pilot
Old 02-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
Freightliner Owners Club

In June of 2008, Congressman Roy Blunt released the following information about how the House members voted on energy issues. During this time Democrats were the majority party in both the House and Senate.

ANWR Exploration:
House Republicans: 91% Supported
House Democrats: 86% Opposed

House Republicans 97% Supported

House Democrats: 78% Opposed

Oil Shale Exploration:

House Republicans: 90% Supported

House Democrats: 86% Opposed

Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Exploration:
House Republicans: 81% Supported

House Democrats: 83% Opposed

Refinery-Increased Capacity:

House Republicans: 97% Supported

House Democrats: 96% Opposed

91% of House Republicans have historically voted to increase the production of American-made oil and gas, while 86% of House Democrats have historically voted against increasing the production of American-made oil and gas.

In 2009, the United States still imported 51% of all its petroleum requirements, both crude and refined. This continues to be an unacceptably high number in our quest for energy independence. Gas prices remain hostage to the increasing hostile regimes that sell us oil. Our own Department of Energy has proudly halted off shore drilling. With the political unrest in so many oil producing nations, and the long-term obstruction of Democrats to domestic oil exploration and production, American families have begun to pay the steep price for our failed national energy policies. This current Administration has wasted tens of billions of stimulus dollars on solar panel factories and windmills rather than building new oil refineries and using new technologies to recover the oil buried in our own back yard.
'07 Winnebago Journey 34H, ISB-02, MH2500
Toad - '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue Ox, Aventa
Old 02-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #9
Not just this administration. Until we get a conservative President, House, and Senate all of this will continue until we are fleeing to Mexico for a chance to improve our standard of living and quality of life. I sure hope any walls we build are one direction so we can get out of this dying behemoth.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #10
a k
Newmar Owners Club
You think how we got started on the wrong tract, watch this.
YouTube - AustralianGreens's Channel
And the coal mining companys just made a pact with China. We and the Ausses are going to pay so China can get ahead.

If you want to stay ahead of the game, invest in coal producers stocks
Old 02-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #11
We did have conservative control of the House, the Senate, the President and the Supreme Court. That didn't help either. We the People are the problem. We feed our oil addiction, can't blame our pushers for our problems.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
We did have conservative control of the House, the Senate, the President and the Supreme Court. That didn't help either. We the People are the problem. We feed our oil addiction, can't blame our pushers for our problems.
Energy is not an addiction, it is a way of life! And yes we the people will straighten out our current energy policies if we want to continue or improve our current standard of living. If we don't we will have an addiction to being ignorant.
Outlaw LS '16 JK Ruby '13 TJ '04 Ruby XJ '98-all built for Moab, HD Trike '15, AC Wildcat Trail in garage
Old 02-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #13
In Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota and South Dakota we have more oil in the ground than all of the middle east combined. Ask the tree huggers why we are still dependent (held hostage) on the middle east for our oil. We also have abundant natural gas in country. Again same story. Discounting both our oil and gas we have enough coal to fuel the country for hundreds of years.

We got it! Why are we not using it ???? Now ask the ultra liberal judges who side with the tree huggers why ???????

Ralph & Snickers
2006 3500 Chevy Dually - 8.1 - Allison
2006 30' New Horizon - Solar
Old 02-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #14
According to a report I heard on TV the other day it was stated that fully 85% of our lands are off limits to drilling. It was also stated that drilling is prohibited off the west coast, the east coast & that NOT one new oil well has been drilled in the Gulf. This is insane !!

Closed Thread