Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-24-2015, 06:07 AM   #15
iRV2 No Limits Club
It doesn't matter how FAR you get away.

What matters is you are away, even if it is the driveway.

Camping Rig: 2006 Outback 27 RSDS--
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
Full time since June 2006
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #16
Driveway Camping

Glad to see that we're not the only crazy ones. Pick the tt up from storage next week and we're looking forward to a driveway camp night. It's been a long winter.

6.5 lb Chihuahua (Bella)
18ft tt Apex bh
2016 Ford F150,FX4 Scab,5.0 L V8,
LittleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:16 PM   #17
We bought the motorhome last summer and she needed some work before she's ready to hit the road. We have visited more than once in storage with pizza and beer. Getting closer to a campground. Only a few items left to finish up.
Unknown Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:01 PM   #18
Monaco Owners Club
We are selling our house to become full timers. So we are moving into the coach. to make sure we have time to organize everything. as well as clean out the stick home.
2001 Volvo VNL660 Cummins N14, straight 10. 460HP holding 60MPH up a 7%.
2016 Heartland Road Warrior 420. Full time VERY soon.
Imurphy907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:14 PM   #19
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Don't want to highjack the thread, but i'm curious about the antenna(s) you use. Do you have one mounted on the coach for operation while on the road?
oh so that is "highjack". I always wondered about that term.
We, my son and grand daughter , both teen agers, picked out our MH. It was a nice long drive home on a Sunday with many stops. They had to be in school on the next day. I don't want them missing school. I parked it curbside because my driveway isn't long enough. But it sure was fun staying in it parked there even if we didn't extend the sides.
Mikey (USN retired, Radioman)
mikensallyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:49 AM   #20
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If the motorhomes in the drive and the grandkids come for the night, well "camp" out there. Lately they've wanted the tent set up in the living room to sleep in.
Tricia & Dennis Lockhart
2010 Ventana 4333
Spartan MM w/Cummins 360 ISC
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:56 AM   #21
My neighbor thought I was crazy also until I offered him a drink. And you know the rest of the story.
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:56 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Of course it is handy having it in the driveway when one gets unseasonal highs of between 32C and 38C which translate roughly to between 90F and 100F. My DW (dear wife) has exceptional problems with excessive heat and the MH air is easier to keep the temps comfortable for her. We once hit 41C here in the valley and I am glad that Gracie was available out in the driveway because even I have a problem with 106F at high humidity.
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:26 PM   #23
My DW and I have our grown daughter and her 3 kids, ages 5, 2 1/2, and 1, living with us. As such it is more than a blessing that our MH is parked beside the house in the driveway, with water and electric hook up. We spend a lot of weekends or parts of weekends out there watching TV, napping, or playing video games on my laptop.

I have even been known to put out the awning, set up the smoker and grill and cook dinner while enjoying a few Angry Orchards
RV Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:33 PM   #24
Winnebago Owners Club
We are doing the same thing as Imurphy907 ... As we work on the house to ready it for sale we are staying in the MH. It's a sure way to have a clean retreat at the end of the day and to make sure everything you will need for FTing is on board! \ken
Ken & Deb (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, Harvest Hosts, and grateful volunteers with SOWERs)
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/400ISL and Allison 3000MH on Freightliner's Evolution chassis, Onan QD7500, 1000w Renogy solar, BlueOx tow gear, and 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:39 PM   #25
Entegra Owners Club
More seating for an impromptu party in RV out back! Great " guesthouse" for extra family too! When it rain, we go out and watch TV with the dogs and hang out! Does not cost a thing.. And keeps us sane!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Krafty52k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:34 PM   #26
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our RV is stored next to our house and we spend about 10 days a year out there. Whenever we have a lot of company we stay in the coach.

Had a water line break in the house a couple years ago and we spent a month in it while they repaired the house.

We like staying in the coach!!
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD, W22, 8.1, 7.1 MPG
2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:01 PM   #27
Add me to the list! Love hanging out in the Ol Girl in the back yard or out on the street when we can't get away.

Jay & Jazz ~ Along The Way With J&J
1994 Tioga - Massachusetts
Follow Us! > Our Blog - YouTube - Twitter - FaceBook
jason1029 is offline   Reply With Quote