Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2015, 02:04 PM   #57

On our last long trip out. We left around 4:00PM to head home. Had made reservations at a campground but did not pay attention to how far it was. Thought I would just go till got tired and pull in to rest stop or Walmart.
Ended up driving to campground and arrived about 1AM.
My biggest fear was navigating to our site at night. Ended up being a super easy campground to get to and had pull through site at entrance. Pulled in and went to bed.
That driving ended up being a little easier drive as traffic was much lighter at night. Never once felt tired.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2015, 05:37 PM   #58

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm a fulltimer, (at work)!

So, for all weekend trips it involves leaving after work on a Thursday or Friday, and arriving late at night.

When we take extended vacation trips, I also tend to drive the long miles at night, so that the kids and I can do fun things during the day when attractions, sightseeing adventures, stores, and businesses are still open!

Old 04-30-2015, 05:39 PM   #59

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spk64 View Post
On our last long trip out. We left around 4:00PM to head home. Had made reservations at a campground but did not pay attention to how far it was. Thought I would just go till got tired and pull in to rest stop or Walmart.
Ended up driving to campground and arrived about 1AM.
My biggest fear was navigating to our site at night. Ended up being a super easy campground to get to and had pull through site at entrance. Pulled in and went to bed.
That driving ended up being a little easier drive as traffic was much lighter at night. Never once felt tired.
Welcome to my world! That's my version of "normal" RVing!
Old 05-01-2015, 11:14 AM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
For us there is just as much enjoyment in viewing the passing scenery as there is at the destination.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:57 PM   #61

I used to love driving at night. I just can't see that well anymore while doing so. Also I really don't want to hit any wildlife and tear up the front of the rig!

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum "life happens" HE lives..