Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDee View Post
x2. I recall this when it happened. 2005? ish
And your point is??
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #44

For those of you who need a photo of a crash in which a cell phone was the cause of the crash, have a lookie look here:

Distracted drivers and cellphones are a dangerous mix, wreaking havoc on the roads | MLive.com

http://wafflesatnoon.com/2012/08/01/...while-driving/

Viola!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #45

for those of you who don't like looking at the aftermath of accidents caused by cell phone users while driving, read here:

Top 10 Worst Cell Phone-Related Injury Accidents of All Time: Prison Edition
Old 02-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #46
Community Administrator

I just deleted two posts as personal attacks will not be allowed to continue here. Here is a part of our rules that along with all of our rules is taken seriously.
" Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand; above all be nice. We encourage everyone to participate in and enjoy the Community while at the same time adhering to these rules:
Our rules extend to all sections of the website including messaging functions, blogs, galleries and any other public or private posting.
Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation,and national origin are not acceptable."
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #47

Thank you!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
If you can't drive and talk then don't, but don't foist your shortcomings on the rest of the world. Damn, I despise people who believe their right to something supersedes everyone elses rights not to want that same something. You don't need to have countless inane bureaucrats pass more unenforceable traffic laws just to make you happy about your shortcomings.
I agree. I get so angry about the drunk driving laws. I know myself and my skills better than any legislator (they pass laws, not bureaucrats) and resent them deciding what level of impairment makes ME safe to drive. Even if I'm so drunk that I can barely walk, something about my makeup allows me to be an excellent driver. I've never been pulled over for DWI but I'm always nervous because of these stupid laws.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
I agree. I get so angry about the drunk driving laws. I know myself and my skills better than any legislator (they pass laws, not bureaucrats) and resent them deciding what level of impairment makes ME safe to drive. Even if I'm so drunk that I can barely walk, something about my makeup allows me to be an excellent driver. I've never been pulled over for DWI but I'm always nervous because of these stupid laws.

You are one scary dude. Sometimes alcohol makes people think they are OK when they are not. Just sayin'
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #50

Glad you guys came out all right. I will NEVER NEVER put my family in the 3rd row, regardless what he auto advertisements says. Just too dangerous.

And the "smart" car, where your body is 18 inches from the rear bumper, is not a smart car at all...

It's a stupid car, stupid to think your body can act like steel in a crash, to prevent bodily harm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenda1908 View Post
I can second that. Last June I was stopped cold and a woman in a Toyota Tundra rear ended me full speed...she told the officer her phone rang and she was reaching for it She totaled my 2011 Ford Edge she hit us so hard...us was myself and our 12 yr. old granddaughter. We were not seriously injured, but I can tell you we were pretty sore for a while.
Robert L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #51

People watching the GPS on their phone are even scarier.
sadiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #52

Quote:
You are one scary dude. Sometimes alcohol makes people think they are OK when they are not. Just sayin'
These are the folks we are driving with on the roads, people. Be aware.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #53

Here's to the people who drink and drive, who think they are so smart!
(I doubt this fella is really drunk, but it makes a very good point and gives a good laugh to lighten up the conversation)

Old 02-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr View Post
Here's to the people who drink and drive, who think they are so smart!
(I doubt this fella is really drunk, but it makes a very good point and gives a good laugh to lighten up the conversation)

Thanks Robert,yes we were very lucky. My DH was just ahead of me as we were dropping off his car for service that morning....I just missed rearending him too!

As for "I can drive when I'm drunk because I KNOW I'm OK" My point exactly. That's a funny video and I'm sure it's not real, but there are REAL people out there that really are drunk but think they are the exception to the rule and are in full control of their faculties.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #55

Alpine Owners Club
Regarding driving while distracted/impaired. Driving is a priledge, not a right. That's why it takes a license to drive leagally. Driving at 35 mph works out to 51 feet per second. 70 mph would be 102 feet per second.
Most of us drive distracted from time to time. A cup of coffee, a bite of a sandwich, talking with a passanger, we are distracted for seconds. A person on a cell phone or texting is distracted for more than a few seconds. It seems to me that if drivers using cell phones are implicated in a disproportionate number of accidents, than those that grant the privlege have an obligation to try to make it safe for everyone that is driving. When there is sufficient outrage over this, things will change. I think of MADD as an example of how the change works.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #56

Quote:
there are REAL people out there that really are drunk but think they are the exception to the rule and are in full control of their faculties.
There are even more people out there who think they are the exception to the findings that talking/texting while driving is the equivalent of being drunk. Right offhand I can think of three people I am close to who have been rear-ended by talking/texting drivers. I don't know anyone who has been hit by a drunk driver in that same amount of time.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote