Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2009, 06:11 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I can imagine this happening in other jurisdictions besides Texas ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From a county where drunk driving is considered a sport, comes this true story .

Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a bar in Fredericksburg, Texas.

After last call, the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so
apparently intoxicated that he could barely walk.

The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing.

After what seemed an eternity in which he tried his keys on five different vehicles,

the man managed to find his car and fall into it.

He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off.
Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off--they worked fine,

dry summer night--, flicked the blinkers on and off a couple of times,
honked the horn and then switched on the lights.He moved the vehicle forward a few inches,

reversed a little and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patrons' vehicles left.

At last, when he was the only car left in the parking lot, he pulled out and drove slowly down the road.
The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now started up his patrol car,

put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and administered a breathalyzer test.
To his amazement, the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man had consumed any alcohol at all!
Dumbfounded, the officer said, I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station.

This breathalyzer equipment must be broken.'

'I doubt it,' said the truly proud Redneck. 'Tonight I'm the designated decoy.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2009, 06:11 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I can imagine this happening in other jurisdictions besides Texas ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From a county where drunk driving is considered a sport, comes this true story .

Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a bar in Fredericksburg, Texas.

After last call, the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so
apparently intoxicated that he could barely walk.

The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing.

After what seemed an eternity in which he tried his keys on five different vehicles,

the man managed to find his car and fall into it.

He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off.
Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off--they worked fine,

dry summer night--, flicked the blinkers on and off a couple of times,
honked the horn and then switched on the lights.He moved the vehicle forward a few inches,

reversed a little and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patrons' vehicles left.

At last, when he was the only car left in the parking lot, he pulled out and drove slowly down the road.
The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now started up his patrol car,

put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and administered a breathalyzer test.
To his amazement, the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man had consumed any alcohol at all!
Dumbfounded, the officer said, I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station.

This breathalyzer equipment must be broken.'

'I doubt it,' said the truly proud Redneck. 'Tonight I'm the designated decoy.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #3

Funny .....didn't see that coming.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:56 AM   #4

That was a funny one. Thanks for sharing. A little laughter is good now and again in these otherwise depressing times.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Funny Tale
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:56 AM   #6
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #7

Send a message via MSN to FatDog

and to be academically argumentative, and other then any possible driving violations, did the 'redneck' potentially break any laws ?

( i believe there was at least one ticketable offense )
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:56 AM   #8

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
LOL gotta luv them rednecks
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #9

I don't know if any legal issues were broken, but out-foxing the cops was a goodie!
AuntSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #10
doc

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and to be academically argumentative, and other then any possible driving violations, did the 'redneck' potentially break any laws ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Care to share your opinion? I saw no mention of a seatbelt, but that was not germaine to the story.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #11

While the story is funny, the "back story" is scary -- how many drunk drivers were on the road that night?
Old 01-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #12

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by doc:
.... Care to share your opinion? I saw no mention of a seatbelt, but that was not germaine to the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, although i was searching for a non-driving violation,
i mentioned that i felt there was at least a ticketable offense,
I think that intentionally honking a car horn other then to warn someone else in your way is an infraction,
and in this situation the bar patron who has just admited made a joke of the cop's time is going to get something more then just a good belly-laugh from the cop , and he did honk his horn as part of the ruse,
( hey, i didn't say it was a serious ticketable offense )

but, as far as a real crime?, I was wondering if faking a 'drunken' drive is anywhere similar to faking caring drugs,
ie ... being in a known drug sales location with fake dope tied up in little baggies in your back pocket, which i believe is illegal,

or ... in Texas isn't it a felony to falsely report a crime to police?

somehow between those two ruses, I felt there might be some way this guy was going to get dinged,

I DO feel however, if you pulled that slick move on one of the good ol' boys patroling our locals joints around here at 2am, one way or another you would walk away with at least a few 'promises to appear' shoved into your glove box

hey, i never said i passed the bar exam, i just passed a bar
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
You guys have too much time on hands! Lighten up! It was a joke for heavens sake!

Dieselclacker
Old 01-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It was a joke for heavens sake!

Dieselclacker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, OP said it was a true story...