Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
DW and decorating

OK, here goes, will probably get smacked around for this one, are all DW's like mine when it comes to decorating the coach? For example, we are on our third bed spread and we haven't had the coach but 3 months. There are a lot more examples, but afraid I've already said too much.

DRosedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRosedale
OK, here goes, will probably get smacked around for this one, are all DW's like mine when it comes to decorating the coach? For example, we are on our third bed spread and we haven't had the coach but 3 months. There are a lot more examples, but afraid I've already said too much.
We leave our bed spread in the stick house. It's too bulky to deal with every day. My DW bought a nice throw cover( or whatever you call it ) and it subs as an extra blanket.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow, only 3! I can't tell you how many I go through in a year but I do make the point to notice them now when they do change.
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Finally and expert

DRosedale---------please tell me why we need four different sets of sheets, 15 dish cloths, 8 spatulas (there is more but that's the idea) --- I find myself completely incapable of grasping the concept?

To prevent weight creep (we suffer mightily) I'm sacraficing my "treasures" by the wheelbarrow load----soon I'm down to my Speedo and a shirtless T-shirt ----look for us some where warm this winter----------and can I borrow a screw driver?
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
To my own reply I should add-----as I write I'm laughing out loud----couldn't ask for a better travel mate---makes life interesting these challenges.............. She's standing behind me as I type------------------------
Old 05-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I went into a quasi (tounge in cheek) rant--so now I'll get serious..........

We have plants that ride with us and are around our home when here, they ride in the shower----placed around the MH when we are parked they add a nice touch. Same plants for nine years from Hawaii. We do pillows on the sofa and bed in a contrasting color to the predominate beige---our original bedspead is stored making way for a more colorful and practical one (the dog sleeps on it too) We use runners on the furniture, desk table counters, again contrasting colors which brighten up the place----a few pictures strategically placed----seems a lot but actually much of it just replaced what was there with something more pleasing to us. This is my wifes doing but I come along willingly---as long as we do not have ten of everything I enjoy it immensly.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
---soon I'm down to my Speedo and a shirtless T-shirt ----and can I borrow a screw driver?
Ya really gotta watch those Speedo thingies too. I bought one last year when we went to Daytona Beach and got arrested on the FIRST day of wearing it. Apparently there's a front and a back to those things...who knew? Bob

BTW, our bedspread in the RV is a light weight quilt my DM made for me sixteen years ago...it still sleeps GREAT! Of every 'thing' in the RV, this one item is my most highly prize possession.

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:43 PM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Not all do. I don't. Haven't added anything yet. I do want to bring some of my stained glass pieces from when we had our studio, but haven't figured out the logistics. Will have plants because they are natures air cleaners. Have only two sets of sheets.