Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
DW having surgery tommorrow

First, I want to ask the Moderators not to remove this thread as inappropiate. We are not discussing religion or promoting one religion over another.
That said, I want to ask all of our IRV2 friends who are Believers to pray for Annette. She has been having neck problems for quite some time, but about a month ago the pain became severe in her neck and right arm. We met with the neurosurgeon last week and he had an MRI done. We took the MRI to him Monday and he told us she has a ruptured disc in her neck. She has been on Percoset pain medication every four hours since monday and it has not given her much relief. She will have surgery tommorrow at St. Vincent's Hospital in Birmingham, AL to replace the ruptured disc. The doctor is 90% sure that this will stop the severe pain she is experiencing. We ask you to pray with us that God will use the surgeon the solve this problem. We are ready to take the RV and make up for lost time. Thank all of you for your prayers and concern.
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2011, 09:34 AM   #2

I hope all goes well for your wife ... I had the problem in the lower back with the left side going completely numb result surgery . Now I have the problem in the neck triggering migraines had the MRI and they tell me now I have osteo arthritis I know the pain and hope your wife has a speedy recovery
All the best
Marc
Usnret05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usnret05 View Post
I hope all goes well for your wife ... I had the problem in the lower back with the left side going completely numb result surgery . Now I have the problem in the neck triggering migraines had the MRI and they tell me now I have osteo arthritis I know the pain and hope your wife has a speedy recovery
All the best
Marc
Thanks Marc! She has had two lower back surgeries in the last year and that problem is doing better, if only we can get this one solved.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
You are in the right place for miracles to happen. My daughter was in an auto wreck which snapped her head back violently (guy hit her going 50 mph when she was at a red light). She has had 2 surgeries where doctors had to fuse the vertebrae. The first one was done in Montgomery and required more to be fused and the second one was at St. Vincent's. She is able to move without pain at long last. She had lost most movement in both her arms by the time we took her to St. Vincent's and today you would never know it happened except that she moves her whole body when moving her head. But we consider that to be minor - pain free and can move her arms. I wish the same for your wife - God Bless.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Joe and Annette, my prayer is for God to be in the hospital guiding each movement of the surgeon. That He is with each nurse, technician and all the caregivers over the next few weeks. I pray for complete healing and for Annette to live pain free after this surgery. I pray for strength especially for you, Joe during this time.

Keep us updated.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #6

I will pray hard for your wife today and have her in my thoughts as the day goes on. I have had many miracles in my life, yes they can only be explained by miracles. Bless you for peace and your wife for relief.
kendall69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #7

Joe & Annette we will lift both of you up in our prayers and God will heal her and help you through this time also
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Joe and Annette, my prayer is for God to be in the hospital guiding each movement of the surgeon. That He is with each nurse, technician and all the caregivers over the next few weeks. I pray for complete healing and for Annette to live pain free after this surgery. I pray for strength especially for you, Joe during this time.
Math 18:19 -- I agree with Jim.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #9

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Prayers sent, God speed and guidance for the surgeon
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Will be praying for a sucessful surgery for Annette and that she will be pain free after she heals.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We wish you the best for a successful surgery for your wife. Hopefully everything will be taken care of. You stand strong for her and I'm sure in no time you'll be back on the road enjoying your travel life. Hang in there!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #12
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Annette and I thank all of you for your prayers and concern. The surgery is scheduled for 10:30AM tommorrow. We will be staying in the hospital overnight and coming home on friday. I will post an update when we get back, giving you the good news God bless you and keep praying!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
She will be in our prayers.

Bob

2003 Itasca Suncruiser 38G Workhorse W22 8.1L, 2005 Grand Cherokee Toad
Bob/Becky D - VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:33 AM   #14

I agree with Jim. Matt 18:19