Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
To Vickie and Ronnie and all others so afflicted.....

Here is a simple solution to stopping your smoking habit and it is sure fire and it will work...
One .... Go to your lawyer and give him a certified check for ten grand and put the check in my name.
Two...... Tell your lawyer that if you have not stopped smoking permanently in two months and this is confirmed by tests performed by your doctor, that he is to mail this check for ten grand to Seajay the sailor man
Three.... Write another certified check and put it in my name also with the same understand that IF YOU START SMOKING AGAIN. your lawyer is to send this second check to Seajay the sailor man.
Repeat the above till you stop smoking or your run out of money and you cant afford ciggies any more.........lol....
Best of luck to you and all who try to ''Kick the Weed'' ........ I did it and I smoked for over 55 years, two packs a day......

Seajay the sailor man
God bless our troops and bring them home soon and safe
God bless our vets ....... ALL GAVE SOME.... SOME GAVE ALL ...
Seajay, as great as your idea sounds, I'll have to pass. I know you're just concerned about our well being and it's great that you made the offer, but if we had that kind of money, we could just buy some more cigarettes.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #58

Fleetwood Owners Club
Personal note to Vickie and Ronnie.
Ok guys. Lets bid this down some. Instead of ten grand,,,,,,,,,,,,, how bout............ UMMMMMMMMMMMHHh. TWENTY BUCKS AND A CASE OF BEER? Maybe two cases of beer and I will invite you guys over to drink it with me and some of the Vets on here. ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....... How bout this. Every time some one in IRV2 sees you smokin THEY MOON YOU....''( ! )''...... How bout that???????? Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... How bout this ....... If you will stop smokin..... I will write you a check for ten grand and I will sign it with Wayne the Marines name. How bout that?????? Of course the check will be worthless but you can show it to people and tell them that you were paid ten grand to stop smoking. (dont tell Wayne the Marine that I am doing this cause it will confuse him and he might change his name)
Anyhow. If none of this works for you let me know and I will think of something else ..... maybe.......
Seajay the sailor man ....
God bless our troops and bring them home soon and safe
God bless our vets ....ALL GAVE SOME AND SOME GAVE ALL....
ps. I smoked for probably 55 years of my life. It is the hardest habit to break that I have ever seen ......... Good luck on quitting and hang in there cause it will take several tries to reach your goal....... I still like the ten grand thingie ...

Old 06-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #59

Tedward 1555

Just wanted you to know that I finally gave DH the Safecig starter kit. Amazingly, he was just fine with trying it. His only complaint is that the cigarette is too heavy just to hold in his mouth while he does something else. We both laugh when he forgets and tries to tap the ashes off in the ashtray. I'm really loving the absence of smell. Now I need to start washing walls, painting ceilings, etc. to try to get rid of some of the smoke smell and residue. I'm really looking forward to the trip to WA this summer. I won't have to gag all the time in the pickup and in the fifth. An added bonus is that maybe people will stop looking at me as if I have a lighted cig hidden somewhere. Thanks for your words of encouragement.

DH figures that in 6 weeks, we will be saving quite a bit of money. Thanks again. kkd
Old 06-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
That's great KayKayDee. Your hubbie might like this site. He will find answers to any question he will come across.
Ed

E-Cigarette Forum
Old 06-13-2010, 10:46 PM   #61

Seajay, the simple solution to all this would be if you could just convince Wayne the Marine to write you a check (tell him it's a worthy cause), you could cash it, go buy a couple of cases of beer, we'll all sit around the campfire drinking it, then run thru the campground, mooning the other people there. Not only would we be providing the nightly entertainment but we would be too busy laughing to think about smoking!

Tedward1555, you're doing good, keep us up on how things progress!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:43 AM   #62

Fleetwood Owners Club
OOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK............ Wayne the Marine just called me on the phone and he is very confused. He said it was not necessary that I pay him ten grand not to smoke. He said he dont smoke anyhow. But he did tell me that he would drink a beer if I would provide the beer but we would have to skip the part about running thru the campground ''mooning'' people cause he could not ''run and moon'' at the same time while drinking a beer. When I tried to explain the ''worthy cause'' thing he said something about a '' sun on the beach'' or a ''sign on a bench'' or something like that and hung up. The only thing that I can figure is that you are pretty much ON YOUR OWN with this quit smokin' thingie cause Wayne the Marine is now confused and not co operating in this venture. I know you can do it and you will do it to join the ''UNHOOKED GENERATION''. You cant say that I did not give this my best effort to help....
Seriously. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP TRYING and if you succeed you owe me ten cents for all my encouragement and great ideas and you must pay me the next time you see me ........
Seajay the sailor man
Old 06-14-2010, 07:15 AM   #63

My motivation to quit smoking was an Army doctor. I went on sick call the third time in 6 months for a severe cough, which had gotten so bad I could not do my job acceptably. The doctor sat me down, then said; "Young man_if you do not quit smoking I can say with certainty you will develop throat cancer within a year". Well, I thought about that a while. He had nothing to lose, got paid the same whether I died or not, didn't know me from any of the other soldiers. I gave away my pipes, threw away my pipe tobacco, and have been smoke-free since 1968.
Living-it appears, is an excellent motivating factor - for me.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:55 AM   #64

Keep it up. Just keep thinking of what you can do with the savings, I have saved nearly a thousand in 7 months. No more dirty ash trays, or holes in shirts,pants and car seats etc and everything smells so much better. Someone should send a starter kit to Pres. Obama too so he won't burn down the White House.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #65

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for this thread, Ted. I had never even heard of these things. The DW is a 25 yr smoker and I just e-mailed her some of your links with the note: "I really want you to try these".
Old 06-18-2010, 07:56 AM   #66

Fleetwood Owners Club
Dave that is great news. I hope she takes to them. I find I enjoy "vaping" much more than I ever liked smoking. And now I'm not killing myself.
Today is day 35 smoke free.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:58 AM   #67

Fleetwood Owners Club
Helpful Links

For others who are interested in more info. Below are links to 2 supplier web sites I use... They are the best I've found. And last link is to a forum with a wealth of information as well as a great place to discuss and get questions answered ... just like iRV2

Super Sale Items

Electronic Cigarettes and eLiquid / Totally Wicked eLiquid / electronic cigarette eliquid nicotine fluid products

E-Cigarette Forum
Old 06-18-2010, 09:00 AM   #68

My buddy is badly addicted to cigs and he finally relized he needs to quit or atleast cut down. He tried the e cigarette its helped so far. It may not totally cure his addiction, but atleast it'll help cut down how much he smokes.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:46 PM   #69

Finally, smoke free

Just have to thank you, ted and all of the other posters. DH was totally receptive to the e-cig. He started using it a week before we left. One regular cig pack for emergency back up. It is still unopened after 3 weeks. He read all of the material and has been telling everyone about it wherever he goes. I'm so thankful that I don't smell like an ashtray anymore and neither do my dogs, my truck, my rv...do I need to go on??? He's also figured out that we will save about $4000 this year on cigarettes even with buying the 'filters'. I'm not saying he will ever 'quit' because this isn't a cessation device, but it does stop the smell. My DD who is a primary care doc wants to hook up some of her die-hard smokers with the info. She hopes it will help them. Thanks again. kkd PS he doesn't spend about 15 minutes or more coughing every morning either.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #70

Fleetwood Owners Club
Kay;
I'm so happy to hear this. Congratulations to you both. I am 75 days cig free today and couldn't be happier. I've been reading a lot about this and it seems that some of the biggest cigarette companies are in negotiations with Ruyan of China to buy the rights to the ecig. And part of the deal is that they DON"T KILL it but actually market it nationally. That is a two sided coin of course. On the one side more people will hear about the ecig via advertising and PR which will save more lives... on the other side, big tobacco and government will get involved to raise prices, tax the hell out of them, and God forbid... start adding a ton of chemicals to make our addictions stronger just like they did with tobacco... which is why cigarettes are now so deadly.
Tell your DH that I'm really happy for him.
Ed