Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-25-2016, 02:54 PM   #1
Electric charges in campgrounds

I worked at a campground for over 2 yrs in maintenance. We were always told we had to have a certified meter (within less than 10 or 12 yrs) because the electric CO in Palm desert would not allow the campgrounds to charge more than they paid per kW and the meters had to ba certified. I now work at a different CG we have to have all meters certified 10 yrs. Can anyone let me know where I can find that rule or law?
I got bill for $64.40 with nothing stating readings usage or what it was bill says amenety upgrade fee. Nothing has been upgraded in my site or campground since I started my lease in Oct.
Please respond with where or who I might find out this info, thanks

lekhuset is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2016, 06:17 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
What you have is called a 'submeter' and there are some rules about it in California.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:32 AM   #3
This is stupid simple...go to the service desk and ask them to support every penny of billing.

If they state it is for the amount of energy used then follow _it asking to see the way it is determined...

Just "be a customer" and request the fully explain the bill.

If something sounds wonky like a service fee or tax then ask that the justification be shown to you or fully explained as well as copies that you can check out later.

Some neighborhood water systems meter the system and divide it by number of connections and bill everyone that.

Legal and done but parties can buy meter to pay just theirs...Our mom saves about 100.00 a month.

Every state has rules regarding "weights and measures" the stickers on gas pumps that show they were inspected.

Years ago in so-cal a chain of gas stations programmed gas pumps to shave off cents but we're correct at the 5 gallon mark so the calibration would be correct.

Went on for long time until folks realized they only got poor MPG from their gas and they got in huge trouble.
Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:43 PM   #4
Call the State of California, Division of Measurement Standards.

Tell them you have an Electric Meter Complaint and ask to speak to someone in the "Device Program" Here's a link to the page in the Device Enforcement Manual. https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/dms/programs...Manual2008.pdf
2013 Winnebago Vista 27N
2013 Honda CR-V
Finally Time is offline   Reply With Quote