Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #1

electric dump valve

has anyone installed a electric valve for you black and gray tanks ?? if so what did you use and where did you get it ?
wonderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderer1 View Post
has anyone installed a electric valve for you black and gray tanks ?? if so what did you use and where did you get it ?
Electric valves just make it easier for idiots (and we certainly have plenty of them around) to be driving down the road and "let 'er rip" right on the road. I have seen that happen.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #3

Sometimes the ' idiot' is the one following the motor home that really needs a car wash when it is all over.
singpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #4

Electric Waste Valve
SNAPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #5

I have them and since going fulltime they are very conveinant. I installed them and put a safety switch in the hot feed so there can not be any accidents. I mounted the control on the driver side of the coach so I can look out the window as I dump. It will be in the 20s here the next few days and I can dump barefooted while drinking my morning coffee! I purchased them new at a rv surplus for $30! Easy to install and even got the warranty cards. If used responsibly I see no problems. I've seen accidents with manual valves more than I have with electric valves. I've heard the urban legends tales about dumping while traveling though.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #6

My hand & arm valve hasn't failed me yet. Automation is great until it fails & the dump gate isn't where I want a failure.. When my arm fails I won't be in a RV anymore.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Where is this RV surplus and do they ship?
gasman28110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #8

Auto-Drain Valve, 3" Thetford Model

This is what I installed on my rig. The valve pulls are under the full wall slide when open which requires one to crawl under the slide to service the tanks. I have the switches installed on the bay door so I can reach them while the slide is open. I also put a grey tank switch in the bath area so I can empty the tank from inside the coach. Very handy when the tank is full and it is raining. I also installed clean dump. No more rubber gloves and dirty knees.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:27 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
drain master | waste master | polychute

I had a Seneca with 4 valves in 3 different comparments, what a pain. Put in 4 electric valves, which really simplified the dump process. Never had any issues with drainmaster and they were pretty simple to install.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by singpilot View Post
Sometimes the ' idiot' is the one following the motor home that really needs a car wash when it is all over.
So you condone bumping your holding tanks on a public thoroughfare?

Are you proud of that?

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #11

Wow!

I dont need more things that can fail. Nor the expense. Nor the work. The levers and my right arm are pretty trustworthy.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #12

ours would dump in front of rear tires, but for the gassers like a friend who has a southwind the port is driver rear, perfect for "anti-tailgate solution"

I can think of many times in regular vehicle we have morons trying to climb up our tailpipe this would be fun.

Past life was field service out in farmlands, one normally gets huge amounts of mud and post animal feed built up, knowing where the bumps and holes are located allows for some interesting mirror views as said moron tyies to avoid the cluster Bomb, amazing how much the front of a vehicle drops on panic stops...
Old 12-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Saw a post here a while back where someone had a license plate frame that read "backoff or I'll dump the tank". Of course the moron has to be really close to read the warning. Maybe a sticker would work better
chuydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
ours would dump in front of rear tires, but for the gassers like a friend who has a southwind the port is driver rear, perfect for "anti-tailgate solution"

I can think of many times in regular vehicle we have morons trying to climb up our tailpipe this would be fun.

Past life was field service out in farmlands, one normally gets huge amounts of mud and post animal feed built up, knowing where the bumps and holes are located allows for some interesting mirror views as said moron tyies to avoid the cluster Bomb, amazing how much the front of a vehicle drops on panic stops...
I'm thinking the local authorities may see that as causing a hazzard, panic breaking and such. The EPA may also frown
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote