Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2015, 07:56 AM   #1

Evergreen RV Consignments

Anyone have any dealings with Evergreen RV out of New Braunfels, Texas? They are wanting our Class A for consignment. We are about 5 hours away. Hate to drive all that way if they have any bad reviews.
thburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2015, 11:52 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with your search.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 04:56 AM   #3

In case you're unfamiliar with them, PPL has a place in New Braunfels, besides their original place in Houston. If it were me that's where I'd take it for a consignment.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thburns View Post
Anyone have any dealings with Evergreen RV out of New Braunfels, Texas? They are wanting our Class A for consignment. We are about 5 hours away. Hate to drive all that way if they have any bad reviews.
Check with BBB and then make your choice, If you don't have the time get the help to sell it, other wise I would sell it on my own and NOT have to share the money with someone else.
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:01 AM   #5

Thanks for the feedback. Our experience with PPL is they want a fairly hefty commission. Evergreen seemed must more fair with their offer.

I will definitely check with the BBB. Always forget to check them..and Angie's List for reviews!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thburns View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Our experience with PPL is they want a fairly hefty commission. Evergreen seemed must more fair with their offer.

I will definitely check with the BBB. Always forget to check them..and Angie's List for reviews!
How much more is PPL wanting over Evergreen??
Old 01-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #7

I would stay away from PPL in New Braunfels. Our own buying experience with them was totally negative.

Ken Gasbarri
Old 01-28-2015, 10:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
In case you're unfamiliar with them, PPL has a place in New Braunfels, besides their original place in Houston. If it were me that's where I'd take it for a consignment.
We did go by there but were not impressed with the PPL lot at all in New Braunfels. We had originally visited their location in Alvarado, TX (much bigger) when we were first searching for a motorhome. They were not very friendly to deal with regarding their consignments then. I think there were more interested in selling one of their brand new units vs a consignment model.

Thank you!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraginRat View Post
I would stay away from PPL in New Braunfels. Our own buying experience with them was totally negative.

Ken Gasbarri
Agree!!!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:31 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
How much more is PPL wanting over Evergreen??
PPL if I remember correctly were wanting upwards of 20% of sale. Evergreen works with the seller to get the amount the seller is requesting (providing the seller isn't pricing the motorhome higher than the market will allow, loans can be obtained for, and is fair about the asking price).
Old 01-29-2015, 05:59 AM   #11

Thanks for the updated info on PPL. We're getting ready to sell our coach, and I was contemplating PPL.

Tags
evergreen