I finished the fabricated panel a few weeks ago, but, I've been trying to match the color of the dash with mixing model paints and after a few different tries, I've settled for the color it is now.
The progress went like this:
I experimented with bonding metal to plastic and metal to metal.
For the metal to plastic, I tried JB Weld, Loctite(2part epoxy), Gorilla Glue, and melted plastic.
For the metal to metal, I used JB Weld, Loctite, Gorilla Glue, and Solder (I don't have a welder).
For the metal to plastic, the JB Weld, and Loctite didn't hold. Gorilla Glue held but it felt like, with a little bit of tension it would break off. I was liking how the melted plastic held (rigid).
For the metal to metal, the Gorilla Glue didn't hold, but, the JB Weld, Loctite, and solder held firm.
I opted to go with melting plastic. I melted a divot into the panel, Gorilla Glued the nuts in the divots, then the next day, I started melting plastic and formed it up into a cone shape.
This is what it looks like in the truck.
It doesn't match the color and the edges are not flush, but, it's solid, I can add 3 more switches (for a total of 8) to the panel (when I'm ready), and I like it.
I will only be using 3 in the beginning (fog lights, back-up lights, and auxiliary power).
TQ60, thanks for your input, I liked the Plexiglas idea, but, I didn't have any scrap to use. I did take a plastic sheet from a paper binder and used that as a new template.
Thanks VanDiemen23, Sammie, rospradley, ronjhall, Mel, and Dunner for sharing your ideas and guidance.