Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
facebook rv friends

I have noticed that there is a sibebar of sorts with facebook friends, I currently do not do that, I was wondering if a lot of you folks post places you are at or have been to, I would like to start building a library of places and things to do, pictures and locations would sure help prior to visiting, maybe even good spots at certain campgrounds, I have seen the camping site on here, but wondering if this would be another good source of info. A
Are most iRV2 facebook friends with each other ??

2010 Harley Ultra Classic
racefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:05 AM   #2

I'm on Facebook and fairly new here but have not made any iRV2 friends on Facebook yet.

Both US Army Retired - Fort Lewis, WA
Cilrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #3

iRV2 No Limits Club
Facebook? What means Facebook?

I prefer real friends.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I am on facebook and yes I have friended some of the people we have met and gotten to know so we can keep in touch. We also exchange emails with those who don't facebook. But I don't friend people on here that I haven't met in person. I would guess the answer to your question would be no.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilrah View Post
I'm on Facebook and fairly new here but have not made any iRV2 friends on Facebook yet.
I fear that Facebook is wide open to government scrutiny. I have heard that the guy that runs it has agreed to provide the administration with all necessary to glean what ever it wants from the tank of information. I am NOT paranoid, I am too busy watching out for the ones chasing me.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
I fear that Facebook is wide open to government scrutiny. I have heard that the guy that runs it has agreed to provide the administration with all necessary to glean what ever it wants from the tank of information. I am NOT paranoid, I am too busy watching out for the ones chasing me.
#1. "That guy" is named Mark Zuckerberg...surprised not many people know this information, given the amount of publicity Facebook (and Mark Zuckerberg himself as well) has received over the years, especially the block-buster movie (The Social Network) that came out not to long ago about the origins of the company!

#2: "...has agreed to provide the administration with all necessary to glean what ever it wants from the tank of information.."

You forgot to mention that Facebook has also come out in the defense of employees who have been asked by perspective employers to give-up their Facebook login/passwords? (details here)

While some people may like to hang-out with friends in the 'real-world', IMHO, RV'ing and Facebook allow those with a common interest to communicate when they can't always be 'face-to-face'....simply because while you're camped at one campground and made some "new friends", who is to say those new friends are going to be with you at the next campground you visit?

Sure, you can talk to 'family/friends' on the phone when you're not with each other, but it's a little hard to share pictures and/or videos you've taken while you've traveled the country-side in that beautiful new 45' coach you picked up for $300K+/- not to long ago!

Don't want to 'friend' someone you don't know?
I can understand that...

HOWEVER

One way to share your experiences/journey via Facebook is to simply create a "Fan Page" and have members of whatever RV related forum you frequent the most 'like' and/or 'join' THAT PAGE!

Thus, no one has access...or can see...your personal details, pictures, etc., etc.,!

RogueRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #7

Actually I feel strongly that things like the internet are just a passing fad.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Old 04-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
Actually I feel strongly that things like the internet are just a passing fad.
Like Carbon credits?
Old 04-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueRVer View Post
#1. "That guy" is named Mark Zuckerberg...surprised not many people know this information, given the amount of publicity Facebook (and Mark Zuckerberg himself as well) has received over the years, especially the block-buster movie (The Social Network) that came out not to long ago about the origins of the company!

#2: "...has agreed to provide the administration with all necessary to glean what ever it wants from the tank of information.."

You forgot to mention that Facebook has also come out in the defense of employees who have been asked by perspective employers to give-up their Facebook login/passwords? (details here)!
That is all well and good but what assurances do I have that Zuckerberg is not allowing the Government to inspect everything? Saying one thing while doing the opposite is a hallmark of some administrations.

We have seen NBC copy information with critical editing and completely alter the meaning of someone's post. I would never trust the government do do less!

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote