Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2014, 10:04 PM   #43

Be careful with the magnesium - to much and you will spend the day on the throne. As to the diabetes - try eating pickled Okra; it will stabilize your blood sugar. I didn't believe it until I tried it. I even like it.

Concerning the CPAP machine - I'm suppose to use one but the darn thing drives me nuts. My Doc. told me that about 50% of people cannot tolerate them. I wish there was an alternative.

When I'm tired, I take a nap.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2014, 10:16 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
Be careful with the magnesium - to much and you will spend the day on the throne. As to the diabetes - try eating pickled Okra; it will stabilize your blood sugar. I didn't believe it until I tried it. I even like it.

Concerning the CPAP machine - I'm suppose to use one but the darn thing drives me nuts. My Doc. told me that about 50% of people cannot tolerate them. I wish there was an alternative.

When I'm tired, I take a nap.
I'm following Docs orders and so far so good on the thrown... as for pickled okra - I like it too but usually in a Bloody Mary!

BTW - miss hearing from ya... #10 - Drop on by and say hi. I also hear banjo music can be good for the soul.
Steve and Annie

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:44 PM   #45

Androgel works for me. Keeps me going and feeling young.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:01 AM   #46

Congratulations on your weight loss--that's not easy. And the CPAP too--glad you're persistent with that. How are your blood sugars? Have you had your Vitamin D level checked? Most of us are deficient & the primary symptoms of deficiency are fatigue & lack of energy. Check with your PCP about taking daily ibuprofen for your arthritis. Long-term, you might consider changing your diet to an anti-inflammatory diet. Check out Dr. Andrew Weil's web site--he has the best explanation. And actually, 70 is older but doesn't have to be OLD. Cut down your driving time. Enjoy the journey. You have enough time.
JimnDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #47

Getting old really sucks but it does beat the alternative..Im 80 yrs old walk a mile a day, and sometimes drive over 500 mi in one day. We try to stop at around 400-450. Exercise is the key. Your body demands it . Our bodies haven't kept up with "the future" And they still demand hard physical work for all the organs to do their job. The harder I work the more tired I feel but its a good feeling when finished..But my wife and I take a brisk walk every morning. And don't just doodle along. Get your heart rate up and keep that blood pumping. You'll feel better for it. Trust me I know. See you on the trails.
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:49 AM   #48
IC2

I'm seeing OTC vitamins and supplements being suggested on this thread - please be really cautious with those those unregulated/unprescribed homeopathic remedies and meds as they, in some cases with other meds or supplements, are useless and even potentially physically threatening. I understand that many folks see improvements of a certain condition but my question with that is - is it really truly a help or is it only a disguise and hiding other problem? Or is it simply mind over matter and something that does work?
Old 10-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #49

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
I'm seeing OTC vitamins and supplements being suggested on this thread - please be really cautious with those those unregulated/unprescribed homeopathic remedies and meds as they, in some cases with other meds or supplements, are useless and even potentially physically threatening. I understand that many folks see improvements of a certain condition but my question with that is - is it really truly a help or is it only a disguise and hiding other problem? Or is it simply mind over matter and something that does work?
For the items my doctor recommended - including the Paleo Diet - I have no concern. This is his card. If you're in the area make an appointment. They will test ya every way till Sunday - and I'm glad to have been there, done that...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1413302228239.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	76511  
Old 10-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
interesting conversation.

Mike
Old 10-14-2014, 11:52 AM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfire1339 View Post
interesting conversation.

Mike
Too tired and run down for further comment? ???
Old 10-14-2014, 03:10 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Too tired and run down for further comment? ???
chuckle.....good one!
Old 10-15-2014, 08:07 AM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. New chiropractor has helped tremendously with many physical issues. Have started using Silver Sneakers option at our new YMCA on insurance and doing some water aerobics and that has really helped joints. I can hop out of bed without help in the mornings. Even a new pillow from the chiropractor helped the neck. Still haven't found that time machine to roll back the years, but not giving up! Just accepting that there are limitations and only doing what I am comfortable with. I survived our trip to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons in Sept and had a blast doing a photo safari for a week. Up at 4:30, leave at 5:30 and on location for sunrise before 7:00. Lots of animal photos, scenics, and great group of people. I did all hikes but 2, that were very strenuous and uphill a couple miles. Two checks off bucket list!
Mrfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:37 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfoto View Post
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. New chiropractor has helped tremendously with many physical issues. Have started using Silver Sneakers option at our new YMCA on insurance and doing some water aerobics and that has really helped joints. I can hop out of bed without help in the mornings. Even a new pillow from the chiropractor helped the neck. Still haven't found that time machine to roll back the years, but not giving up! Just accepting that there are limitations and only doing what I am comfortable with. I survived our trip to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons in Sept and had a blast doing a photo safari for a week. Up at 4:30, leave at 5:30 and on location for sunrise before 7:00. Lots of animal photos, scenics, and great group of people. I did all hikes but 2, that were very strenuous and uphill a couple miles. Two checks off bucket list!
Thanks much for the update! Your success makes me happy and optimistic! PS-PM'ed ya.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:03 AM   #55

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'd say with all the activity and getting out and about, the medical or otherwise acquired Marijuana wasn't used. Lol.

Good job. Now if ya start getting too active - go back and look at video. Maybe consider brownies.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I'd say with all the activity and getting out and about, the medical or otherwise acquired Marijuana wasn't used. Lol.

Good job. Now if ya start getting too active - go back and look at video. Maybe consider brownies.
No brownies, but try to have a glass of wine every day between 5 and 6! Enjoy touring and tasting on our travels. VA has really established some great winery s lately. May not enjoy all the wines offered, but usually find a couple at each stop. Really relaxing after a long day of driving.

Mrfoto is offline   Reply With Quote