Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2016, 03:51 PM   #1

Favorite Campground Clubs ?

What's the Best Campground Club ? For all U.S. .......Price = cheapest , number of Locations = Most , ease of use, amenities , Overall Satisfaction ? Thanks -

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2016, 04:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy boy JIM View Post
What's the Best Campground Club ? For all U.S. .......Price = cheapest , number of Locations = Most , ease of use, amenities , Overall Satisfaction ? Thanks -
navy boy JIM
I dropped all other campground clubs over 10 years ago in favor of Passport America: Passport America The original 50% Discount Camping Club - Passport America Discount Camping Club

Old 10-03-2016, 07:08 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Do you want the "Best Campground Club" for me or for you? They will be different as we each travel to different areas and have different wants and needs.

For me, the three worth having are Escapees, Passport America and Good Sam. Each of these qualifies as worthy for different reasons, all or none of which may be important to you or compatible with your travel style.

Escapees: This is our favorite "club" group and we enjoy the style of amny of the "Escapees" properties. They offer quality sites and a friendly setting with good value when staying a week or more.

Passport America: Where they are available and when the qualifications are not overly restrictive, PA offers great savings. Unfortunately the "when" and "where" are also its greatest weakness. There parks are not that lentiful in many areas and their restrictions often disqualify their use in high traffic seasons.

Good Sam: This is primarily a cost savings club fallback only for us. It nothing else is available you can get at least a 10% discount at many locations. It offers little other advantage in my opinion.

The one other one I would recommend is FMCA. They have two specific advantages well suited to our needs; they offer a great Michelin tire discount and they will drive our coach back home if I am unable to. I purchased four new tires just after we purchased our current coach and the tire savings paid for our FMCA membership for several years to come. Also, as my wife does not drive our coach, if I become ill or otherwise unable to drive our coach the program of delivering it back home is of great value to us.

If you have kids and want a "family" style park, short terms and long term sites and more will make your wants and needs very different. You may also have different considerations such as a club affiliated with your make or style of RV that can offer unique advantages.

Your mileage may vary.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:45 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We use Escapees, Passport America, and Good Sam, in that order!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 05:17 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
It sort of sounds like you are asking about Membership clubs such as Thousand Trails. If so, I wouldn't waste my money.
If you are talking about discount cards then KOA, Passport America and Sam's Club. We also belong to FMCA.
Brenda
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 05:30 PM   #6

Well the can of worms has been opened. Different strokes for different folks, as the saying goes.

We have Thousand Trails, RPI, Escapees and Passport America. We boon dock a little, especially over on the Pacific ocean, but DW prefers at least water and electric hookups. Full 50amp hookups are always a plus.

They all have value. Just depends upon what you are looking for and what you can afford.

PM me if you'd like a thorough analysis from West Coast full timer.
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:30 PM   #7

Sight Won t let me contact You - THX Navy boy JIM ( jimjeffrey32@yahoo.com)

Tags
campground