Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Anything that will fit on my Weber Q-100 gets grilled and I like to grill it. This includes bacon, eggs, and pancakes. YUM YUM. Jim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #30

Brisket slow cooked for about 5 to 6 hours.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #31

Not grilling but it's pretty good to cook a turkey or other meat in peanut oil in a deep fryer.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #32

Some of the best turkey I've had was deep fried. Very moist. I've smoked some... after injecting them with a honey and OJ mix and stuffed with veggies..
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Yikes

You folks are grillin' and it is 39 degrees here in Omaha NE with a severe thunderstorm occurring just NE and S of the city. The coach is rocking.

And the trees were just getting ready to leaf out...global warming my a__
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #34

Al Gorp.... give back the prize.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:22 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
You folks are grillin' and it is 39 degrees here in Omaha NE with a severe thunderstorm occurring just NE and S of the city. The coach is rocking.

And the trees were just getting ready to leaf out...global warming my a__
Come on over to Dayton, Dave. It was 80 yesterday and supposed to be 80 today. I saw Denver got pummeled yesterday. Poor Rocky Mountain people. Brats for breakfast.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
SPRING?

We got 1 1/2 inches of ( I can hardly type it again) S N O W last night and expecting another 4-6 tonight. Grill? its still under a snow pile... where is that Gore guy anyhow?

T-Bone Please.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #37

Last weekend Mr. M and I spit roasted a whole pig for a big group of people. That was some mighty fine eatin'.
The only drawback was getting up at 3am to get started for dinner at 5pm.

If we aren't feeding the hordes, I like a nice rib eye. And if you have a pizza stone, you can bake on your grill. We've done pizzas which are very good, but nothing beats hot biscuits on a cold morning, except hot cinnamon rolls.

Mrs.M
Old 04-20-2013, 01:43 AM   #38

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Just bought a cast iron pizza pan specifically for the weber for pizza and anything else I can think of. But time to put the salmon on a cedar plank.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:09 AM   #39

x10 on the big think ribeye. For the past few years we've also been grilling up most of our veggies. Make a kabob of them (add on a few shrimp) to go with the ribeye . Here's another idea to spice up your baked potato. When the potato is off the bbq, cut in half, make 2 or 3 slits, in slits put in bacon, put couple toothpicks or kabob sticks through side of potato to hold bacon in. Then place cut side down on the bbq to crust up the open face of potato and bacon. When potato and bacon crispted sprinkle a little lemon pepper, top with sour cream and chives. Dinner like this, a symphany of flavors in your mouth.
luvmydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #40

Any kind of steak, pork chops and regular burgers. We never could get chicken right or pork ribs.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #41

Hi Rancar

Pork ribs here it goes rinse baby back ribs stay away from the country style ribs(just my opinion) baby back ribs
Rinse pat dry
Dry rub front and back
Wrap in heavy tin foil and roll up sides
Place in oven 225 degrees (if your cooking at home) 4 to 6 hours low and slow
After that remove from oven put on top rack of BBQ grill put on your favorite sauce top and bottom of ribs
For last ten minutes to get that caramelization. And grill marks
These will be the best ribs you may eat ! They will come off the bone and will very tender and tasty .. The inside of the meat
Will have that dry rub taste and the outside of course will have that nice saucy BBQ taste of your sauce.

Now for chicken how I make it I use thighs.. I buy a roasting pan (foil) I place a trivet hard to describe but it's one of those metal ones that you would rest a hot dish on its almost like the grill grid I guess you could use one of the tops from a disposable grill anyway place that in the roasting pan make sure it sits at least three inches or so from the bottom .. Again rinse your chicken don't season put on this rack put in oven bake chicken at 375 for at least 45 minutes until all of the fat is out of the chicken you will see it collecting in the bottom of the pan.. Once it is baked and fat has drained remove to a new roasting pan let sit for 5 minutes then take a large bottle of your fav sauce and empty the whole bottle over the chicken and mix let it sauté for a 15 minutes take the whole pan put on top of grill and let chicken come to a low boil in the roasting pan .. After it comes to a boil remove pieces and put on grill to get same effects as ribs.. This will be the best chicken you have ever eaten again (my opinion) and probably because the flavor is through and through now doubt you will get a bit of heartburn that night but well worth it .. With these two recipes there was never any burning .. Just delicious meat and poultry . Enjoy
Marc
Old 04-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usnret05 View Post
Hi Rancar

Pork ribs here it goes rinse baby back ribs stay away from the country style ribs(just my opinion) baby back ribs
Rinse pat dry
Dry rub front and back
Wrap in heavy tin foil and roll up sides
Place in oven 225 degrees (if your cooking at home) 4 to 6 hours low and slow
After that remove from oven put on top rack of BBQ grill put on your favorite sauce top and bottom of ribs
For last ten minutes to get that caramelization. And grill marks
These will be the best ribs you may eat ! They will come off the bone and will very tender and tasty .. The inside of the meat
Will have that dry rub taste and the outside of course will have that nice saucy BBQ taste of your sauce.
Enjoy
Marc
My wife does the same except uses saran wrap instead of tin foil - (NO IT DOESN'T MELT). Cooking time is usually about three hours. Then refrigerate for later use and then out to the BBQ for ten to 15 minutes. Great, tasty, etc.

1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote