Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-05-2015, 04:00 PM   #85
I'd rather die jumping from a 10 story building, than from defenestration. BobW

RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2015, 04:34 PM   #86

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
"Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it."

"What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" Patrick Henry St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia March 23, 1775.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart Philadelphia Dec. 23. 1791

What, then, is law? It is the collective organization of the individual right to lawful defense.

Each of us has a natural right — from God — to defend his person, his liberty, and his property. These are the three basic requirements of life, and the preservation of any one of them is completely dependent upon the preservation of the other two. For what are our faculties but the extension of our individuality? And what is property but an extension of our faculties? If every person has the right to defend even by force — his person, his liberty, and his property, then it follows that a group of men have the right to organize and support a common force to protect these rights constantly. Thus the principle of collective right — its reason for existing, its lawfulness — is based on individual right. And the common force that protects this collective right cannot logically have any other purpose or any other mission than that for which it acts as a substitute. Thus, since an individual cannot lawfully use force against the person, liberty, or property of another individual, then the common force — for the same reason — cannot lawfully be used to destroy the person, liberty, or property of individuals or groups.

"Such a perversion of force would be, in both cases, contrary to our premise. Force has been given to us to defend our own individual rights. Who will dare to say that force has been given to us to destroy the equal rights of our brothers? Since no individual acting separately can lawfully use force to destroy the rights of others, does it not logically follow that the same principle also applies to the common force that is nothing more than the organized combination of the individual forces?

If this is true, then nothing can be more evident than this: The law is the organization of the natural right of lawful defense. It is the substitution of a common force for individual forces. And this common force is to do only what the individual forces have a natural and lawful right to do: to protect persons, liberties, and properties; to maintain the right of each, and to cause justice to reign over us all."

"The claims of these organizers of humanity raise another question which I have often asked them and which, so far as I know, they have never answered: If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? The organizers maintain that society, when left undirected, rushes headlong to its inevitable destruction because the instincts of the people are so perverse. The legislators claim to stop this suicidal course and to give it a saner direction. Apparently, then, the legislators and the organizers have received from Heaven an intelligence and virtue that place them beyond and above mankind; if so, let them show their titles to this superiority.

They would be the shepherds over us, their sheep. Certainly such an arrangement presupposes that they are naturally superior to the rest of us. And certainly we are fully justified in demanding from the legislators and organizers proof of this natural superiority." Frédéric Bastiat "The Law" June, 1850

Jay & Patty Executive Director Liberty Farms
County Coach Magna. Magna Carta "Maggie"
99 Jeep GC/05 SAAB 9-2x Aero (AKA Unicorn)
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:44 PM   #87

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:11 PM   #88

Winnebago Owners Club
"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by
incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Communications without intelligence is noise ... Intelligence without
communications is irrelevant. - Gen. Grey, USMC

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." - G. K. Chesterton

2005 Itasca Meridian 34H w/350 Cat
plus 450 W solar power
2009 Jeep Wrangler
Rmiscoord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #89
Originally Posted by Alan24601 View Post
A wonderful priest I knew always said "You can't fix stupid."
Originally Posted by franknj View Post
...not even with duct tape
But it will help muffle the sound!
ScottS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:09 PM   #90
"Come, my friends. 'Tis not too late to seek a newer world. Push off, and sitting well in order smite the sounding furrows; for my purpose holds To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths Of all the western stars, until I die"
Lord Alfred Tennyson

"Somebody Else's Problem field, or SEP, is a cheap, easy, and staggeringly useful way of safely protecting something from unwanted eyes. It can run almost indefinitely on a flashlight/9 volt battery, and is able to do so because it utilizes a person's natural tendency to ignore things they don't easily accept, like, for example, aliens at a cricket match. Any object around which a S.E.P is applied will cease to be noticed, because any problems one may have understanding it (and therefore accepting its existence) become Somebody Else's. An object becomes not so much invisible as unnoticed. A perfect example of this would be a ship covered in a SEP field at a cricket match. A star ship taking the appearance of a large pink elephant is ideal, because you can see it, but because it is so inconceivable, your mind can't accept it. Therefore it can't exist, thus ignoring it.
A S.E.P can work in much the same way in dangerous or uninhabitable environments. Any problem which may present itself to a person inside an S.E.P will become Somebody Else's.
A S.E.P can be seen if caught by surprise, or out of the corner of one's eye."
Douglas Adams
ScottS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:15 PM   #91
A monument was never erected to anyone who left well enough alone.
Pelledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:41 AM   #92
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Without change there is no change.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD, W22, 8.1, 7.1 MPG
2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:18 PM   #93
If it be asked

“If it be asked, what is the most sacred duty and the greatest source of our
security in a Republic? The answer would be, An inviolable respect for the
Constitution and Laws—the first growing out of the last... A sacred respect for
the constitutional law is the vital principle, the sustaining energy of a free

Alexander Hamilton
Jayco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:18 PM   #94
Never confuse motion with progress.
pj54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:48 AM   #95
Originally Posted by pj54 View Post
Never confuse motion with progress.
Along the same lines but, I think, very applicable with the RV industry
"never confuse selling with installing"
Steve Pinn
2008 Newmar Essex-4514
2014 Ram Laramie ecodiesel
spinn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:03 AM   #96
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Take this job and shove it....

Johnny Paycheck
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #97
Winnebago Owners Club
Something that should be considered when posting on any thread in the forum.

Treat others like you would like to be treated.
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:52 PM   #98
Winnebago Owners Club
"The United States should have a violent revolution every twenty years"

Thomas Jefferson

Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote