Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2016, 08:43 PM   #29

while I don't agree with what he's doing it doesn't really bother me that much either. He has his opinion and can do with it as he pleases and I have mine. That's why this country was founded...so we each can have our own views. I just ignore him and move on. Not a big deal. At first my argument was he shouldn't be doing it because the flag means so many different things to so many different people but actually that's exactly why he should do it because it means THAT to him.
The "while he's at work" argument is just another way for someone to push their opinion onto his. If his employer doesn't have a problem with it (and they don't) then there's really nothing anyone else can do about it. He's making his statement. Make yours and don't support the game if that's what you choose to do. It's your right as an american the same as his.
0rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2016, 08:52 PM   #30

What I see is yet another form of bullying.

It would be worthwhile for many of you PATRIOTS to read and understand USC 36 Section 301's 'rituals' and the protected freedom of expression based on ethical decisions under our First Amendment rights. The same rights that protect flag burning and not reciting the "pledge" of allegiance.

I've saved you time and band width by posting the Wiki summary and interpretation below. Pay attention to paragraph two....

"United States Code, 36 U.S.C. § 301, states that during a rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart; Members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present and not in uniform may render the military salute; men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note; and when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed. Military law requires all vehicles on the installation to stop when the song is played and all individuals outside to stand at attention and face the direction of the music and either salute, in uniform, or place the right hand over the heart, if out of uniform. A law passed in 2008 allows military veterans to salute out of uniform, as well.

However, this statutory suggestion does not have any penalty associated with violations. 36 U.S.C. § 301 This behavioral requirement for the national anthem is subject to the same First Amendment controversies that surround the Pledge of Allegiance. For example, Jehovah's Witnesses do not sing the national anthem, though they are taught that standing is an "ethical decision" that individual believers must make based on their "conscience." "
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:09 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
I live across the border but have to agree with the rest of you! Political correctness is getting out of hand. Respect for Flags and National Anthems is a must for everyone that lives in our country. If they don't respect it, leave!!
Old 09-14-2016, 09:25 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I served, to give him the right. What I don't like is all the attention the dumb medea gives him. If the cameras and announcers ignored them, I wouldn't be ticked off and offended.
Write to the sponsors and networks and tell them you are offended by their choice of content and will no longer watch or buy their product. FREE SPEECH!
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 10:41 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerboy View Post
I don't view it as a right of protest as much as RESPECT. Just look at the picture by my name and what Capt. Call said!!!

All that said, it is INTERESTING to read all these comments. Thank you ALL.
Your right jerboy and Capt Call was a man's man but there seems to be no place for his kind, in this brave new sissy world.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:37 PM   #34

I served USN...Vietnam

I believe in the First Amendment

Free Speech is precious and not to be taken lightly.

Those that do not stand during National Anthem in protest have that right,
Even when they are going about the protest wrong and showing just how much of an idiot they are..they have that right.

Much ado about nothing
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:01 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
I heard this statement and I think it makes good sense. It was said about people burning our flag. "The best reason not to burn the flag in our country is because you can".
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:56 PM   #36

This and other reasons is why I stopped watching pro sports. After the baseball strike of the mid 90's I called it quits. I didn't want to aid in paying their wages. It's just not worth it. And now this.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:08 PM   #37

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What flag?
Whats the issue?
Is this about the fellows in tight pants with the funny shaped ball?

Just kidding!
I really don't like football!
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote