Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Federal Park Passes

I have been gathering info. from other threads I have posted on a trip to the Grand Canyon, We are thinking of the month of sept. = any comments?
As far as the $12.00 each or$25.00 per car, my question is once done at the grand canyon and go to the other parks and places out there should I just buy the $80.00 pass for all parks for our trip? Is this the way most people go as far a buying the passes?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I have been gathering info. from other threads I have posted on a trip to the Grand Canyon, We are thinking of the month of sept. = any comments?
As far as the $12.00 each or$25.00 per car, my question is once done at the grand canyon and go to the other parks and places out there should I just buy the $80.00 pass for all parks for our trip? Is this the way most people go as far a buying the passes?
how old are you?
if you are 62, a senior pass good for your lifetime is still available for $10.
this pass is good for your whole party.
you can buy it at any national park with the proper id.

U.S. National Park ServiceAmerica the Beautiful

01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #3

Who is admitted with a Senior Pass?
The Senior Pass admits pass owner/s and passengers in a non-commercial vehicle at per-vehicle fee areas and pass owner + 3 adults, not to exceed 4 adults, where per-person fees are charged. (Children under 16 are always admitted free.)
Note: Photo identification will be requested to verify pass ownership.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I am not 62 yet, still working.......
Old 01-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #5

We're traveling through a few National Parks this year, so I bought the annual pass for $80.00.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
We do not qualify for the senior pass for a few more years. However we did spend the $80 for the pass this past September. We were in several NP's and other national fee areas. Had we paid for each park at the daily rate we would have saved a few dollars. But we also may not of gone into some of the smaller fee areas for the cost. As an added benifit we have until next September to gain access to any other parks we may happen to come across that are not in the plans as of now.
I think if you plan to go to at least 3-4 NP's I would get the pass, but I would wait to buy it at the first entry in to a fee park. That way it is good for 1 year from the month you purchased it.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
I think if you plan to go to at least 3-4 NP's I would get the pass, but I would wait to buy it at the first entry in to a fee park. That way it is good for 1 year from the month you purchased it.
Great idea...Thanks!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Are you disabled? If you are you can then show the paperwork from the VA or SS and get it for free.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
how old are you?
you can buy it at any national park with the proper id.

U.S. National Park ServiceAmerica the Beautiful
There are other places to buy it, too, other than just at national parks. You can also purchase it by mail using the application form, the link to which is at the above website.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #10

iRV2 No Limits Club
A friend and I hit Bryce Canyon and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon on the way home from Wyoming last summer (no, not on the same day). Since I'm 63, I asked the Ranger at the gate at Bryce Canyon if I could get the pass at the vistors' Center. He said he would take care of it right there at the gate...and did. He didn't even ask for ID. I wasn't sure if I should have been insulted or not but, seeing how much loot I saved, I didn't really care. Besides, I've earned every one of the gray hairs I'm hiding.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #11

My spouse received his Access Pass at an entrance station at Big Bend National Park. He had is VA paperwork with him but the ranger did not even look at it. Spouse just signed a form and was given the pass.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to vermilye
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
A friend and I hit Bryce Canyon and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon on the way home from Wyoming last summer (no, not on the same day). Since I'm 63, I asked the Ranger at the gate at Bryce Canyon if I could get the pass at the vistors' Center. He said he would take care of it right there at the gate...and did. He didn't even ask for ID. I wasn't sure if I should have been insulted or not but, seeing how much loot I saved, I didn't really care. Besides, I've earned every one of the gray hairs I'm hiding.
Since they check a photo ID (usually your driver's license or something else that indicates your age) it would be foolish to try to get a Senior card if you are underage. They will catch you at the next stop!
vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:31 AM   #13

We buy the national park pass every year in support of our wonderful parks weather we use it or not, money well spent IMHO.
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
I bought the Golden Age Pass the day I turned 62. First time I used it It more than paid for it self 'Now that I have used it for several years and in nearly every National park I will quite often toss in some extra in the visitor centers bins as I am feeling rather guilty. Seems I am not doing my share to pay for these great resources.

Tags
disabled