Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-07-2014, 03:21 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by kiethco View Post
My wife just nudged me and said "half the day?". I'm on my 4th coach, trading up as we went. I think my HR pusher will suit me well for a long time. We're having fun in ours this summer, 50 amp hookups rock!
Only cause I was taking a break today

My short list of possible RV #2 is about 150 long on RVT.com.

Speaking of that, it kinda chaps my hide that places like RVT.com have such poor features for folks looking at new RV's. Sure searching is fine and dandy, and I can create a watchlist, but it's too bad they don't have tools like sorting your watching list, rearrangement by price, manufacturer, length, age or even area's to just keep notes. A scoring system would be cool too

RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #16
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Triatik View Post
Back home safe, no problems at all. Only drove an hour to a friends lake home, parked in their driveway. The only slight problem was getting the HWH stabilizer jacks to go back fully in stowed position. I think they needed help with a long 2x4 because they have not been used much. After I got back home I lowered them, wiped down with WD40, and now they retract fine.

Learning which drawers had what things in them and what light switches control which lights was the hardest thing to learn and remember. Well....I don't really think I will remember but hey, it doesn't really matter.

So, I some evening in an RV park you see an RV with the inside and outside lights going on and off and on and off...it is not an SOS. :-)
I lube my stabilizers about once a year for the same problem and have labeled all the 6 switches by the entrance door.

I actually taped one of the switches, the salesman power switch, so it can't be turned off. Causes the microwave clock to have to be reset along with it removing power to the driver and passenger power seats.

2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD, W22, 8.1, 7.1 MPG
2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:34 PM   #17
I just added almost 3/4 quart of HWH hydraulic fluid, filled to the correct level. I then timed how long for the jacks to come down, lubed all four with WD 40 and wiped with a clean rag. Down time about one minute. Retract time, just over two minutes. The solenoids were barely warm after. So much better now.
David T
Triatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad you had a good trip! Now you can start looking forward to the next one!
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #19
Solar Battery Charging

Does anyone know how much power I need from Solar Panels to keep charged...4, 6 volt deep cell, and 2,12 volt large deep cell batteries?
Oceandweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #20
Hello fellow Wisconsinite...

Seeing as your first trip was such a success... Do yourself a favor and book a long weekend with your DW at Peninsula State Park in Door County... It truly is the crowned-jewel of the WI State Park System..
Eric & Denise
2012 Itasca Sunstar 35F
2010 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #21
Thanks Eric. We are trying to pick a weekend for another trip and actually stay in a state park or campground. I'll look into Door county as I know it is a very nice place for natural beauty.

Ok, back to the garage to sand and paint the car dolly.

David T
Triatik is offline   Reply With Quote