Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2010, 02:52 AM   #1

Few questions about insurance

1. Your insurance company?
2. Special discounts?
3. Best thing you like about the policy and the company?
earlreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
State Farm.

Multi-vehicle discount, drivers ed discount, discount for having car and home coverage with same carrier

Why -

Biggest insurer in the country.

They aren't going anywhere.

They don't waste tons on advertising because they don't have to.

They don't have an anoying lizard for a logo.

I've been with them 45 years and, while my claims have been few, they have always treated me more than fair.

Had a problem with a fire plug that jumped out and bit my coach. I settled that claim for $3k and when the repairs discovered "hidden damage" they came back in with no questions asked and wrote me another check for $11k. That's good insurance!

No increase in premium related to the claim.

I'm paying about $1k a year for coverage on a 42 foot coach, replacement cost coverage - and that replacement costs is well over $300k.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
National Interstate Ins

Good Sam member discount.

Have had one claim on the awning this past year, They covered the damage with a new awning & decals with just photos & a dealers estimate. Wrote me check & I replaced it all myself. They also covered my wifes dental xrays from where the awning hit her in the jaw. We received our renewal 2 weeks ago with no rate increase.

They cover all the RV & contents with replacement cost.

If my homeowners & auto insurance Co offered complete RV coverage in my state I would use them. Allstate. I have had a major claim with them in 2008 & they took care of us extremely well with a 3 year increase in our homeowners that will in no way even get them 3% of their output back. I checked for other insurance after the rate increase, no one would cover us. The claim is in our records & we are basically noninsurable for 3 years. They may have rv ins now, I have not checked with them since I bought the rv.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:26 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
FORMOST INS CO... We have seven licensed vehicles including four classic cars, one motor home, one Ford pick up truck (toad) and one Subaru Forrester insured with them as well as our sticks and bricks (3). We get the ''volume discount'' (thank God) and I have been with them since I was 16 as I remember. Twice a year the bill me and call me ''Mr Seajay'' and I send down the armored car with the check inside. I would pay it all at one time but I run out of ink writing the check. I have had one claim against them in the recent past. A deer decided to commit ''Harry Karry'' against the side of my Classic Tiffany..... BOOM.... Three and a half thousand bucks. They wrote me a check ......No problem...

GO VOTE ON NOV 2 OR YOU WILL HAVE A FLAT........
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #5

I use Progressive. I had USAA for my previous motor home but when I bought a new motor home a year ago USAA told me they had quit offering RV insurance and they recommended Progressive. I also called Good Sam. Progressive was less than 1/2 of Progressive.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:57 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Progressive was less than 1/2 of Progressive.
Cool..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote