Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #1

Find some money

I've been having fun exploring for unclaimed money at a real neat website. With people nowadays moving unusually OFTEN, they leave behind funds in stock accounts, IRA's, insurance plans, final checks, rent deposits, etc, etc,.

This website is sponsored by the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators NAUPA for short. Every state and province has a unclaimed property (money) administration. Simply click on your state or province, type in your name or maiden name, or that of current or departed relatives, and go find your money. You can tell your relative that they have some money they can claim. You might recognize the "last reported address" of your sister-in-law or others.

The website is: http:NAUPA Don't "search" for it. Type the address in the far upper left box.

Good luck.

Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2014, 11:57 PM   #2

My wife used to be an Unclaimed Property Auditor. Yep, there's mega bux out there just waiting for the owners to claim it.

Oregon has auctions a few times a year for unclaimed items and sometimes even property from people who pass away and leave no will and there's no known relatives. We went to one once where they were auctioning the contents of a home, the home, and a Harley they'd picked up somewhere else. Good turnout for that one.

sinnettc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
I've been having fun exploring for unclaimed money at a real neat website. With people nowadays moving unusually OFTEN, they leave behind funds in stock accounts, IRA's, insurance plans, final checks, rent deposits, etc, etc,.

Good luck.
Just curious, have you found any money for your $29.95 or $39.95 (annual fee)?

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Individual states comptrollers office may have an unclaimed funds web site at no charge. NY sure does and we found and claimed a reasonable amount of cash.

You will need to somehow prove you are entitled to the money. If it is in your name, it is much easier. They only asked for proof you lived at the address. For estates it gets more complicated.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #5

No fee for the link I provided. Absolutely free. Every state and province has such a fund you can search free of charge. I don't know where you found the fee required site.

My nephew found me a little over $1,000 in an insurance policy we closed just before we moved FROM Michigan. The cash value of the policy was placed in the Unclaimed Property account of the state of Michigan when the insurance company's notice to me eventually ended up in the return mail as undeliverable. I was able to claim it. I sent my nephew a $50 Wal Mart card as thanks.

I have found money for my daughter, my sister-in-law, my nephew's daughter, + others. Just have to follow the prompts at the website and prove your identity and explain why YOU are in line to claim the money.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #6

OK, I found it...free. Thanks

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I swear, I went to that site after reading the OP and low and behold there is my E-wifes name and there is monies there. I don't know if she is dead or what.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:40 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the information. $600 so far for us. Woohoo
Brian W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:23 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
I knew about the site but hadn't checked it. Good thing I did - surprise, surprise, Sgt. Carter, there's some in there - almost enough to pay my State income tax from last year...(took some cash out of the IRA for the down payment on the MH but didn't have any withheld for taxes).

Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote