Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2016, 08:24 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Congratulations! The first grandchild is and remains special. My four are now 22 down to 15 and we are all very close to each other. My advice is to spend quality time, as much as you can while they are young. Sounds like you will. The memories are so wonderful and are still talked about. Grandkids are so much fun! You can enjoy all the fun and then send them home. Spoil them rotten! You are so blessed to have that opportunity with a little one. They grow up way to fast!
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2016, 08:26 AM   #16
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfwright View Post
Grandkids are your reward for not killing your own kids.

Or not eating them.

Welcome to the Forum and welcome to being a grandfather.

Now get an oak barrel, drill holes in the sides and place the kid. When he becomes a teenager, plug the holes.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:02 PM   #17

Re:First Grandchild

Thanks everybody. Jmonroe you are correct. We already have a fishing hat for him that says - Grandpa's fishing buddy. The rod(s) and other equipment will follow.

1ciderdog glad to hear your grandson is home and doing well also.

Twogypsies, the rv'ing adventures will start next season for sure.

Thanks everybody for the well wishes.

Tim
Timcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:17 AM   #18

Congrats!!!! Just be prepared for your grandchild to age 3 times faster than your children. Our granddaughter is now 9 and grandson is 8.

Enjoy because it goes soooooo fast.
Rolfsted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:22 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timcharlie View Post
Hey guys,
My wife and I have a big announcement to make:
We have welcomed our first grandchild, a grandson, into the world.He was brought into the world on July 7th, about 6 weeks early. Our daughter developed preclampsia, and long story short, the doc decided to do a C Section. After 18 days in the NICU, and a big shoutout to the nurses that work in the NICU, he came home today! To say we are proud and excited would be an understatement.

I just had to share our great news.

Tim
Tim: Congrats you are in for the time of your life! Our Grandkids love sleeping in the motor home. They will make life more interesting and fun than you thought possible. Regards
Old 08-12-2016, 01:32 PM   #20

I know your joy. Ours is tempered a bit, we now have 17.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:06 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Delightful post! We have our first also - a grandson almost 3 years old. I tell anyone who will listen that my wife is having an affair with a younger man - he's better looking than me - and I have pictures to prove it. Enjoy like never before...
Old 08-12-2016, 07:18 PM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
Tim,

Congrats! Our grandson was born under similar circumstances on July 2, 2015. Because he was about 3 weeks early, I was backpacking through Yellowstone and climbed a mountain behind camp just to get a cell signal to find out an update!

In his first year, grandson Tex has been on two RV trips from NJ to WV and NJ to the FL Keys.

God bless your new grandson!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:19 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Congrats!!!!!! Grandkids...the gift that just keeps giving.......
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:22 PM   #24

Thanks guys.

LV2roam, my wife is having an affair too. At least twice a week I become "single" again.....lol.
Ray, 17???? We will not have that many, but we will love and enjoy all we are blessed with.
Timcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:44 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timcharlie View Post
Thanks guys.

LV2roam, my wife is having an affair too. At least twice a week I become "single" again.....lol.
Ray, 17???? We will not have that many, but we will love and enjoy all we are blessed with.
Yep, 17! Oldest is a college grad, youngest in diapers. BTW, I do remember all their names. Ya, can't have too many, until they all want to go camping with us at the same time.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote