Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-24-2016, 04:45 PM   #1
First Grandchild

Hey guys,
My wife and I have a big announcement to make:
We have welcomed our first grandchild, a grandson, into the world.He was brought into the world on July 7th, about 6 weeks early. Our daughter developed preclampsia, and long story short, the doc decided to do a C Section. After 18 days in the NICU, and a big shoutout to the nurses that work in the NICU, he came home today! To say we are proud and excited would be an understatement.

I just had to share our great news.

Timcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2016, 05:42 PM   #2
Congratulations and glad everything worked out well. There's nothing like grandchildren. Our 6 yr. old grandson is the light of our lives. You'll be smitten before you know it - if you're not already.

Gene, Gayle, & Oliver
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV
G.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 05:44 PM   #3
Congratulations! Just think of your awesome responsibility you just got handed to you. As grandparents you MUST see to his proper upbringing. No one else is qualified to teach him the most important things in life. Things like how to burp, how to use tools properly, how to make armpit noises, and how to be a gentleman with everyone he meets.

Enjoy the new life handed to you, and above all, have fun with him. The time will go be fast. In one blink of the eye, my infant granddaughter became a pre-teen. But she goes forth with everything I taught her when she begins to see males as friends instead of the enemy.

Once again, congratulations.
Good Luck, Be Safe and Above All, Don't Forget To Have Fun
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, being pushed by a 2009 Honda CRV
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:01 PM   #4
Congratulations !!!! I have 4 . Two girls and two boys .
It's hard to wipe the smile off you face 😀 Enjoy .
nomad95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:49 PM   #5
Re: First Grandchild

Thanks guys.
Nomad:I can't begin to tell u how much joy he as brought into our lives already especially since he is now home.

Bigd9 it is definitely a responsibility I will not take lightly.I was "showing" him the burping part tonight after his feeding....lol....I am already looking forward to running around the backyard with him, fishing, etc.

G.G. we are already definitely smitten. Between running back and forth between the hospital and my daughters place, he is awesome.
Timcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:57 PM   #6

Congratulations.....Glad everything worked out okay. We have 5 grand kids and that's it! No more coming.
Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:01 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations.....Having children was wonderful, but having grand children is almost impossible to describe to others. The hard part is going away on long trips now and missing them!
Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:03 PM   #8
So....when are you taking him RVing? Congratulations - they are so much fun at any age!
Full-timed for 16 Years
. . . Back in S&B Again
Traveled in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Diesel
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:03 PM   #9
Grandkids are your reward for not killing your own kids.
Jim and Darlene Wright
plus Ryder, the Ethiopian
monkeybeaver dog
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:17 PM   #10
Congratulations to you folks and your daughter. You love your children beyond life itself. Grand kids are, and become, an awesome treat beyond what you expect. We have four and they are absolutely awesome.
FredBLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:53 PM   #11

Similar, our last great grand child was born (C-section) June 14, several weeks early. He finally got up to about 5 pounds and was released today. Such a wonder to watch the process from 3 pounds to where he is now. Technology is great, I doubt he'd have made it a few years ago.
Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:36 AM   #12
Congrats, there is nothing like the first born Grandson, it's a feeling you can't even begin to explain. The time will fly by, our first Grandson is 7 now, the next 2 are 4 years old, and a one year old, and one due in October, yes all boys. Four more and we have a baseball team. We babysit them a lot and I get to be a kid all over again. We take them in the MH when we can and they love it, they actually think it is theirs and pretty much run the show. Like Dutch Star Don we miss them when we take long trips. Have fun and enjoy every moment as they are precious.
Mike & Charlotte
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3610
Orange County, California
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:43 AM   #13
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Congratulations! Now it's time to start stocking up on that fishing gear, baseball stuff, and other necessities of being a nurturing grandfather.
Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:10 AM   #14
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats Tim! That first grandchild is very special!

P.S.- be sure you don't spoil him!

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote