Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
First Post

As some of you have noted I have been off IRV2 forums for a short length of time recently. I would like to apologize to any and all that I may have offended in any way. I would further like to say that if I have offended you in any manner that this offense was not deliberate. On these forums I have never plotted or contrived to be devious in my posts and offend anyone for any reason. I will plead GUILTY to trying to be entertaining, interesting, sometimes funny and probably a little bit controversial in my postings as this will make my postings and yours more interesting and worth the time to read and possibly respond to same.

Since I have been on IRV2 I have posted almost one thousand comments and original posts. In that number of posts and comments I will say that everyone will make errors in postings over time. My posts have covered everything in my life as I remember it and they have covered the gambit from the seriousness of death of someone that I have loved to the silliness of a joke poorly told. I have talked about my experiences in life and my belief in God and the punishments of death. I will state now that, in the future, I will be more conscious of my posts and will endeavor not to offend as best I can.

In the past I have had comments made to me about the way I sometimes end my posts with …....''God bless our troops regardless of color or stripe''.. I have been told by some that this is offensive because I am referring to ''color''. This reference of ''color'' is concerning the uniforms our brave service people wear. In the Navy I wore Navy Blue or White. Our Marines wore ''Blues'' for their dress uniform because they were attached to a ship or had did sea duty. Our soldiers wore Army Greens and our Air force wore ''Air force blue'' . Our coast guard wore the Navy style uniform with only slight modifications but you can see that we wore different ''colors'' concerning our uniforms. This is the reference I am trying to make in that statement concerning ''COLOR''.... It has nothing to do with the ''color'' of the service person regardless if that person is male or female, black or white or any color in between. To my knowledge we all bleed red.
The reference to ''STRIPE'' is concerning the rank or insignia worn by all service personal. Simply stated, most, if not all our service personal are identified in some manner by a rating ''stripe'' or insignia concerning their station in our armed services. Generally speaking we all started as slightly more than nothing in that we were a ''warm body'' that needed a lot of training in order to be worth the chow they gave us and the bunk that we called ours. Our ''STRIPE'' simply indicates our perceived responsibilities to the military force of our association. From the lowest private to the five star generals may God bless the all and keep them safe.

I hope that to all it is obvious that I hold all service personnel in very high regard and I am so proud to have been a tiny grain of sand in an ocean of hero's in our armed services that have defended this great nation in her time peace and especially in time of war. From the Army that froze with George Washington at Valley Forge and ran into the blazing machine guns at Normandy beaches. To the brave Marines that raised the flag on Iwo and walk the dangerous dusty streets in Afghanistan. From John Paul Jones who said ''I have not yet begun to fight'' and the sailors that are stationed aboard the nuclear subs that spend 3 months without sun light, submerged in the lost oceans of the world, To our Coast Guard personnel that will deliberately go into harms way to save a person in peril of the sea and risk of their own life to save a person they don't even know. Our brave Air Force personnel that literally have no place to hide in the open skies while giving ''high cover'' to the grunts on the ground. God bless them all and keep them safe.

God bless our troops regardless of color or stripe.....

Nuff said for now I guess.....

I shall post again when I find something worth writing about.....me.....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2011, 04:42 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
WAY too much "political correctness" in todays world. When I grew up if you got offended you either "got over it" or walked away. Now, no one has to do that. Laws cover all aspects now so one persons beliefs over ride everyone elses.
Safe journeys...
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Yep, waaaay too much PC. If anybody took "color" or "stripe" in a way other than the way you intended...they are too PC and maybe they were not in the military. I'm sure most of us took it the way you meant for it to be taken.
Cat320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome back Seajay, and a good post on your description.

Something that a lot of people don't realize is that if they don't like someone's posts, they really don't have to read them. They can skip the entire thread, or just scroll past the poster's responses.

Sometimes there is just way to much PC.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Something that a lot of people don't realize is that if they don't like someone's posts, they really don't have to read them. They can skip the entire thread, or just scroll past the poster's responses.

Sometimes there is just way to much PC.
Also, if they don't like a post, they don't have to add their own post to it...just move on.
Cat320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well said Seajay. Although if anyone is offended by anything you write, they need counseling rather than an apology. Your posts are always a pleasure to read. Please keep them coming. You are appreciated !
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #7

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
SeaJay,
Anyone offended by your posts has either no sense of duty or no sense of humor or both!
Ron
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
What you lack in Political Correctness you more then make up for in honest entertaining stories that most all of us can relate to as well as appreciate.
Your undying devotion to our Protectors in Uniform have earned you an AAA rating..............as opposed to AA+.
bigskymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskymt View Post
What you lack in Political Correctness you more then make up for in honest entertaining stories that most all of us can relate to as well as appreciate.
Your undying devotion to our Protectors in Uniform have earned you an AAA rating..............as opposed to AA+.
I think you have wandered into the political and very incorrect too boot!

Welcome back Seajay, nobody takes you seriously.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Since you felt the need to apologize, I think you've done the right thing. Only b/c YOU felt it necessary, but certainly not b/c it was a requirement for those on the forum. I agree with the posts before me, as of yet there hasn't been a constitutional amendment that gaurantees the right to not be offended. In my humble opinion, it's time our nation grew up and stopped hiding behind political correctness. Enough on politics......bottom line, welcome back and hope you express your feelings as well as others.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
P/C is way overated. I am fairly new to this forum and have read and enjoyed a few of your postings. Keep it coming , we all need more smiles!!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
CD

Seajay
I didn't understand color & stripes as you intended it but I was in no way offended. I took it to mean a compliment to our troops. I wasn't in the service so didn't get it. As I see it, anyone that was offended was looking for something to complain about and very narrow minded.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #13

SeaJay I think you have been a breath of fresh air to the irv2.com forums. I enjoy your posts and recounts of past experiences immensely. We all write things that are misconstrued or taken out of context, depending on the state of mind of the reader at that particular moment.
I have done it myself, and can only hope it is a lesson learned for me.
Come back with your normal wit, humor, and wisdom!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Anyone that has a problrm with your posts and PC needs to read something else. PC is way over rated.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote