Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-03-2005, 02:25 AM   #15
Being a Florida resident and a gun-toting citizen I can tell you that I do not believe there will be any more "shoot first ask questions later" type offenses. In the years Florida has had the CCW permits there has been no proof of more shootings as described. In fact, those type shootings have declined. Yes, I carry a gun, almost all the time. I have taken numerous courses in the safety and use of it and so has my wife. We do not advertise that we carry guns, why should we. We do not look for trouble, do you? Why should the criminal have more rights than the honest citizen? Guns do not kill people, people kill people. Education of the handling of weapons is the key.
Derek aka Mindcandies
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2005, 09:33 PM   #16
Is it me or does anyone else here believe the anti-gun groups have really lost their place in this day and age. With more and more states enacting CCW laws and the like, common sence would dictate that we aren't listening to the anti's any more, so why do they bother? These laws are put into place to prevent crime not to cause bloodshed. If the preps are even a little bit smart and watch the news, they might think twice next time. NAUGHT!

Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:26 PM   #17
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Del Monte:
Is it me or does anyone else here believe the anti-gun groups have really lost their place in this day and age. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They sure don't feel they have lost their place, but, fewer and fewer people give a flying flip about their message. I think the majority of us are fed up with the "nansy, pansy" propaganda of the anti-gun group. I, for one, refuse to be intimidated or feel disadvantaged by some punk wanting something that belongs to me.

Happy Trails, Gary
2006 Excursion 39S, Freightliner, Cat 350
2010 Honda Fit and Buster, the wonder dog
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:21 AM   #18
Since the penalty for crimes have become so soft via the courts and influence from the "humane" groups, the individuals HAVE to provide themselves more personal protection - both protection from the criminals and the courts!

I carry concealed. I hope the laws make the criminals think just a little before they attempt to commit a crime.

I just wish little children had a way to protect themselves against all the perverts!
Jumbo Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 03:28 PM   #19
National RV Owners Club
It is a shame the anti-gun group, as small as it really is; has used this law to hurt the tourist industry only to push their agenda. This goes to prove that if you really don't have a message backed by "fact" you just start shooting in the dark--scare tactics at it's worst.
You are probably guessing that I'm a gun carrier and I will not confirm or deny that. But I will say that I'll take the necessary "legal" steps to protect my family. Thank you Jeb Bush!

BTW if you don't live in FL and your're too scared to come down for a visit, just remember the next time you buy orange juice you may be helping some Floridian buy ammo.
2005 Dolphin 5342 Workhorse W22
2016 Ram 3500HD CTD 4x4 SRW CCSB
2017 Cedar Creek 34RL2 (on order)
FloraBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #20
I guess we'll be buying more OJ from Florida. I'm glad I can help.

Old 10-13-2005, 08:46 AM   #21
Guns do not kill people, people kill people

Actually, this should read:

Guns do not kill people, husbands who come home early kill people

Here in texas, we don't need a law, just a slogan:

Don't Mess With Texas

Enough said.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 03:18 PM   #22
No problem with this law. The Solution stay out of someone elses home unless invited.
02 F250 PSD
03 Carriage Cameo F27RKS
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:17 PM   #23
Unsolicited Canadian perspective: I've snowbirded in Fla and would do so again and not care a fig if every other person was carrying a gun. Common sense prevails wherever you are. If you have a breakdown late at night you don't go up to a dark house where everyone is obviously asleep and start pounding on the door, the experts are clear on this, stay with your vehicle. I wouldn't approach a remote house here in Canada after dark why would I do this anywhere else.

Perhaps this will stimulate a little less roadrage as well if everyone has to "take ten" to cool down after being cut off or otherwise offended while driving. I know I won't be "flipping the bird" to any Florida drivers because they've done something that offended me b ut instead will consider that just maybe it wasn't intentional.
2004 International 4400LoPro DT530E 310Hp/950FtLbs ExtCab Harley Doghouse RV Hauler
2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3
bstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:18 PM   #24
Interesting note. The latest in news headlines from the NRA is, with more "CCW" permits being issued and "right to shoot first" laws being past, the national crime rate is lower. I guess criminals do have a brain. Pretty tough to pick a victim when you're not sure if they are packing. Hmmm, without even branishing a weapon, crime is prevented, imagine that?
Old 11-03-2005, 03:45 AM   #25
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you have a breakdown late at night you don't go up to a dark house where everyone is obviously asleep and start pounding on the door, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you breakdown at night and need assistance, please come pounding at my door. You are in need, and I will help you, but don't come looking in my windows, or breaking into my house then we will have a problem. If I answer the door with the 9mm in my hand it is OK, I will only shoot if you are not there for a good reason. Thankfully over the last 33 years that I have carried a weapon I have never found the need to use it (outside of Vietnam), as I try not to put myself in a position that would require it. Come visit our state we are friendly.
Happy Trails to you and yours

JAXFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:46 PM   #26
One reason why I live in Nevada,, just in the past few months, we have had two instances where a person shot someone who was trying to steal (armed robbery) from them or physically harm (kidnap) them in their home.

Good for them !! The state attorney said that the shooter did the right thing in shooting the other person.. and the state of Nevada will not prosecute ..

Thank God for Nevada and our practical, common sense law makers and enforcers..
John Harrelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 04:26 PM   #27
Texas Boomers Club
What is "CCW"?
John & Dottie | Texas | 2006 Teton Experience Sunrise | 2003 Ram 3500 CTD QC DRW HO 6SP 410 Gears
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:20 PM   #28
CCW refers to or is a Carry Consealed Weapon permit. Most law abiding gun owners have one in order to carry a sidearm legally.