Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Flavored Air.......

Willa and me crossed the stripe going up to Nova Scotia after we got married in Niagara Falls. She had never been up there and Linda and I had been there and I knew Willa would love it. I had taken tape and wrote ''Just Married'' on the back of the pick up truck we were pulling. We got lots of ''Hoots and Toots'' from the friendly Canadians and when we would get a camp sight the owners would smile sometimes and ask if we wanted a ''sight'' out away from everyone else. Canadians are nice..

We headed north and Willa told me that she needed some sort of ''make up brush'' thingie and that we should stop at the next mall we seen so she could ''go shopping''. We found a mall and went in for a look around. Since I am not interested in ''make up brushes'' and the like I told her that I was just going to roam around and for a good look see and I would meet her at the door of the mall in about 45 minutes. She said ok and we kissed goodby. (we were fresh married you know)......... Anyhow, My Willa went one way and I kinda ambled along down a long hallway between stores. I was kinda window shopping and mostly I was looking for a candy store or a donut shop. As I wandered along a very nice looking lady approached me. She was well dressed with pretty hair and eyes and her dress was, shall we say, Revealing in all the right places. She walked right up to me and smiled and said....
''Hi there ,,,,,,,,,,, want a ''free sniff''?
Now you have to understand that I was a sailor a long time ago and I believe some of the ''sailor'' is still running in my veins.
I took a quick look around for Willa and she was no where to be seen. I took a deep breath and said …...... ''Uhhhhhhhh, Yeah, I guess''
She turned on her heel and said ''Follow me please''.
She walked in front and I kinda tagged along behind just enjoying the view of Real Canada........
We walked up to a ''keyop'', a booth thingie in the middle of the isle, there were people sitting all around this thing with medical breathing hoses hung on their faces with the little tips up their noses. She reached over the counter for a plastic hose and handed it to me.
''Have a FREE SNIFF mister''.
''So, what exactly an I ''sniffing'' lady''?
''Air''
''AIR''? ''ARE YOU KIDDING ME???''

She went on to explain that up here in Canada they were starting to sell air and not just any air, they were selling FLAVORED AIR.......
It seems for a couple dollars plus the price of the ''nose tube'' you could buy flavored air for ten minutes or so. Yep, and there were a lot of ''flavors''...
Chocolate, Vanilla, Peppermint, and a bunch more flavors that I have forgotten now. There were probably half a dozen people sitting on stools with pipes up their noses sniffin' flavored air. I took a whiff and it smelled just like Peppermint. There was a 'switch' on the counter that let you select which ''flavor'' of air you wanted. She said the ''nose hose'' was about three bucks and my first five minutes would be free because it was my ''first time''.......... Yeah, Sure …....
I leaned on the counter and ask her if people were sincerely using this stuff and she said that she had customers that came by every day for a ''hit of flavored air'' kinda like getting a coffee. I told her what she should do is add to on her flavors for a lot more variety. She should add ''hunting cabin'' for the out doors people, ''cheap Beer Bar'' for the guys that drink, and ''smellie outhouse'' for people without indoor plumbing. She didn't seem to like my ideas. I didn't buy the 'nose hose' and I didn't get the ''freebie sniff''. I can do without ''flavored air''.....

I wandered back to the front door and waited for Willa.
I still find it hard to believe that a person will buy AIR, of course, Who would have thought that you could sell WATER....... think about it.....

May God bless the vets that gave us our freedoms and a special blessing for our wounded warriors..........

I will post again when I think of something worth writing about …...me....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Does anyone remember Fina's ad campaign in the late 50's or early 60's that promised pink air coming to Fina stations in 1980 or so?