RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #1

Flea Markets Anyone Love em?

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm a flea market fanatic and just can't stay away from them. Love to look, see what bargains I can get, seems like there is always something different. Anyone else in here have a passion for them and goes to them whenever they can?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2019, 01:02 PM   #2

Were we used to live (High Desert So. CA.) there was an old time style swap meet....pay fro a spot and lay out your JUNK
Always fun Sat Morning to puruse the different lanes and oggie the various 'must haves'
Unfortunately over time it became 'commercialized' with off shore crap and was no longer enjoyable.

When we went FT we went to several thoughout the USA.
One we frequently went to was the 'Red Barn' in Bradenton FL when we visted my Sister.
Conglomeration of commercial vendors, crafts, open market, food etc.

Another place we enjoy strolling thru was the 'Old Forge Hardware' store in the Adriondracks
Combination of General Store and Hardware..........if you need it they probably have it. Built in the 1900's

Where we live now......not much of anything locally
Fair once a year, Corn Feast once a year and sporatic craft shows now & again
Thrift Stores about as close to a 'Flea Market' one can get around here.......flea market only because there is a good chance that is what you will breing home (Fleas) .

Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:11 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
We always look for flea markets wherever we travel. Have been to a good one in San Jose, CA .... several years ago, hope itís still safe to attend.

Best one ever for us, we try to go fairly regularly, is the First Monday Trade Days in Canton, TX. Oh my! https://www.firstmondaycanton.com/
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
Best one ever for us, we try to go fairly regularly, is the First Monday Trade Days in Canton, TX. Oh my! https://www.firstmondaycanton.com/
I've got to agree first Monday is a lot of fun very big and quite enjoyable. I've actually created a Flea Market guide on the web of all of the flea markets in the USA and as I travel I plan to start rating them as I go. I try to go to as many Flea & Farmer's markets as I can. Would put a link to my flea market guide, but haven't figured out how to do that. Have you ever been to Shipshewana up in Amish country in Indiana, you would absolutely love it. Lots of Amish vendors along with everyone else.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:05 PM   #5

Went back and figured out how to post a link so here is my Flea Market guide Flea USA. Maybe you will find it useful in finding interesting flea markets.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:58 PM   #6

We too love flea markets, yard sales, etc. In May we went to the Brimfield MA flea market & antiques show. If you haven't been to Brimfield, put it on your travel bucket list. We spent two full days and didn't see even a small fraction of it. We're new to RVing and will be putting many flea markets on our to-visit list.
GCA1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:31 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
We will stop if one in the area. The good thing about living in a motor home is that there is not enough room to buy anything

momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote