Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2006, 10:02 AM   #29
Administrator Emeritus

You mean your not supposed to use your fresh water hose to rinse out your sewer hose?
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2006, 02:31 PM   #30
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
You wouldnt dare....... I guess we won't be having coffee or tea at your place , will we.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:16 PM   #31

Alpine Owners Club
We prefer parks that have a pond or lagoon of some kind, centrally located within it. We even pay extra for the waterside sites. Preferably with a foot path around the water's edge for exercising our legs and our four legged passengers. We carry our own baggies attached to our leash, but we got excited about mini-drop cans at one location we frequent. Can be ackward making a new aquaintance with a full baggy in your hand. Great you are close to lakes, but a hot day under the awning, is a lot nicer if you have a refreshing view. Concrete isn't high on our list as long as the sites are level and we don't have to place wood under the jacks. An angled pull-in or back-in is a lot easier than the 90 degree kind. We bring our own outdoor grill, furniture and table, but if you do plan on providing picnic tables, the wire mesh kind dipped in a heavy coating of rubber seem to hold up well to the elements and keep you clean and dry. I also hate scraping bird doodoo off the top and seats to use them. Last choice would be the wood ones. I agree a fire ring is nice for doing smore's with the little ones, not really necessary at all the sites. Might consider several large social ones. Great ice breaker for the kids to meet playmates and more supervision around the fire. Also here in California sometimes if there are too many campfires the smoke seems to get pulled indoors and burns my eyes. Guess my hubby may have other more technical ideas, but this is just one woman's point of view. Have never written before. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:21 AM   #32

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I must say the number of responses has been overwheleming, If i can hit 90% of the ideas we should be all "W"'s
hard part is ahead, thanks again all for the inputs. they do not fall on deaf ears
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:52 AM   #33

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom and Patty:
We prefer parks that have a pond or lagoon of some kind, centrally located within it. We even pay extra for the waterside sites. Preferably with a foot path around the water's edge for exercising our legs and our four legged passengers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,

Just a note of caution. Here in Florida and other Southern States these area's are the prime area's to be attacked by a Gator. We have just had a string of such attacks with fatalities over the past few days. If you are in the strike zone you will not be able to outrun a gator. Also, a Gator will be more likely to attack someone with a dog.

In to mountains wild pigs could be more of a problem but in either case the paths should be raised boardwalks to keep you safe.

Kindest regards,
Old 05-18-2006, 03:35 AM   #34

Hey all... Wow! Folks sure have given some great input here. I'd like to add my 2 cents worth too.

I can't tell you how many parks we've been to that have roads so narrow that there's no way that two vehicles can pass without one pulling off to the side a bit. I think having the roads a bit wider to accommodate the big rigs of today is a must - especially the main entrance leading to the pull thru area.

Loved the doggy run idea!!

We recently stayed at a park that used regular old tire rims with an old washing machine tub (the metal kind of course) as fire rings. I thought it was a neat idea, and safe for the kiddies and pets as well.

Happy planning!!!

GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax
Mooky Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:53 PM   #35

Robert, A Jacuzzi and swimming pool would be nice. A well set up exercise room is a plus for some of us too. Decent picnic tables and a "LEVEL" site.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:56 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
What ever you do, if you are going to allow pets, make sure you have a separate section in the back for them. I realize folks with pets think the world of them, but folks without pets are very annoyed by them, and/or annoyed by the fact their owners have little respect for others.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:54 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Robert,
Great idea. I would forget the concrete unless your prepared to make all the sites at least 6 inches thick with rebar. I have seen CG that only made the pad 3 inches and they cracked very quickly. You best bet is crushed stone rolled. If you set each pad area as a road bed you won't have any problem keeping it level and drained.

On the water outlets, grid your CG and put in main water shutoff valves so that if an accident happens and a water pipe breaks, you can shut down just that section until you fix it and not the entire CG.

All the electrical boxes should have a light with a solar cell to turn on a night, this way comin in after dark it's easy to spot and not back into, even with someone guiding.

One other thought, search out and find some RV repair folks that will come out and look at problems for your customers. Good luck.

Jim
Retired Seabee
Renegades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:38 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wa0mqe:
What ever you do, if you are going to allow pets, make sure you have a separate section in the back for them. I realize folks with pets think the world of them, but folks without pets are very annoyed by them, and/or annoyed by the fact their owners have little respect for others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I diagre with the segreation of the pet/non pet owners. What needs to be done is to enforce the doggie rules as for noise and pick up after them. I for one carry plastic bags and pick up after my dogs and will turn those that do not into the office. If a park owner would step up and kick the non-compliers out, it would make a difference.

But if you start separating pet/non-pet, where will it stop, smoking/non-smoking, campfire/non-campfire, kids/non-kids, motorhome/5er/travel trailer, red sewerhose/blue sewer hose, awning/non-awning....get the point I hope.

The main thing we like is RV firendly and create a sense of belonging.

Ken
Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:19 AM   #39

It surely looks like you are planning a NICE camp ground. I am curious as to how you will compete with Wal-Mart camp grounds. They are free and I have noticed increased hostility in the forums about how private cgs are ripping off RVers by actually charging for camping over night and influencing local governments to ban parking lot campers just so they can get rich off the poor RVers. I would gladly stay at a place as you describe instead of being a Wal-Mart camper.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

Richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:07 AM   #40

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Here is my list:
A large covered pavilion with installed outdoor super kitchen for large RV rally gatherings. If in the South, enclose and A/C it.

Some sort of on the grounds entertainment center. This would have some game machines, a snack bar - drinks and nachos at minimum and a source of music. This gives the young teens a hang out spot. If you have CATV in the campground, put a camera or two there and in the laundry room with channel selection.

Room service would be nice too! Oh... is that only for hotels?
Old 06-29-2006, 07:49 AM   #41

i have to agree with the pro-dog comments. we have a rottie who is a gentle 85 lb love bug, but we have been turned away by more parks than i care to count. i'm a responsible dog owner. she and my std poodle are always leashed, never allowed to roam or bark, and i pick up after the dogs the minute anything hits the ground.

enough with the talk of segregation in the parks...instead, like others have said, be firm about the rules and enforce them. do not be breed restrictive either, just be selective in the dog itself. meet the animal/s first if you think there could be a problem.

good luck! you've got some great ideas in front of you so far!

'05 Pioneer Bunkhouse (31')
camposborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:09 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Are you sure you really want to work this hard?
Have you ever worked at a campground?
Managing a campground is a whole lot of work. It takes all of your time. Even if you hire a manager, it is still LOTS of work.

I really like all of the ideas everyone has come up with. Sounds like the dream RV park.
ruby2sday is offline   Reply With Quote