Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2014, 03:44 PM   #1

Florida Propane Delivery

We are in Fort Walton Beach for the winter and unfortunately we are using more propane than we want. Propane delivery to our RV park is not allowed. Some say it is a county/city restriction. Some say it's Florida law that restricts it's. What say you? Also propane expensive, over $4 a gallon. $2 a gallon at home in OK.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2014, 03:50 PM   #2
Community Administrator

I owned a site In WPB for 12 years. They have weekly propane deliveries.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds more like a CG restriction.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #4

they deliver every Monday here just North of Tampa, sounds like a local law or maybe just the campground you are in.
workinrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:05 PM   #5

When I went to the local LP distributed they said they couldn't deliver. From responsives I know understand that it isn't state laws. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:45 PM   #6

Don't know about restriction, but the news has been talking about shortages of propane throughout the nation with all the cold weather this winter.
StephJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Google some propane suppliers and ask them about delivery?

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:49 AM   #8

We are camped in Niceville, FL and needed propane last week and I was told that it is a local ordinance as well as a campground policy preventing delivery. I understand the campground policy as it is an Air Force campground and they have a policy preventing everything. I have heard this story in several states and I will venture that it is as much an insurance problem as anything. Also economics would discourage me from driving my propane truck 5 or ten miles to pump 25 gallons.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:53 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We are in NC and the propane company has a minimun of 100 gal. for delivery. We have to go to their place of business to fill up. We try not to complain too much at $2.15 a gal. But it is a pain to unhook, get everything put up, etc. to do it.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneumanns View Post
When I went to the local LP distributed they said they couldn't deliver. From responsives I know understand that it isn't state laws. Thanks.
Part of the problem may be how close your neighbors are. Some places there's a minimum distance required between units before trucks are allowed to deliver. The last thing you want to happen a big boom because the neighbors furnace was running and it sucked some propane in the fresh air inlet when the truck was disconnecting from your tank.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
It's definitely not a Florida state law. It could be county or city.

Here delivery's are made every Tuesday. If you need LP, you place a sign where it can be seen from the street.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #12

Out here in Arizona they deliver to the park we are in but it is expensive. Something like $4 per gallon plus tax, plus delivery. However, I buy it off-site for $3 per gallon including tax (we have a 5th wheel). The reason I replied to this thread is because the people in the motorhome next to me have some sort of "T" connection that enables them to connect a 20# or 30# tank to their system in addition to the on-board tank so he can go off-site and buy propane rather than get it from the delivery truck. Saves $ and he can go get propane whenever he wants instead of waiting all day for a Wednesday delivery.
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:02 PM   #13

Thank heavens we get it delivered to our coach here in Desoto county which is in Florida! I know most KOA's will not let the propane trucks in!

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, propane