Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-20-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
For All Those That Have Served:

And when he gets to Heaven,

To St. Peter he will tell:

Just another soldier reporting, Sir

I've served my time in Hell..........

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forums

SonnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2015, 07:43 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:30 PM   #3
Newmar Owners Club
On the Back of my jacket from Vietnam....
"When I Die I'll GO To Heaven,
For I've Spent My Time In Hell
It was and I hope.
1999 NEWMAR American Star * Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally * Curt Q20 * Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:52 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
God Bless all who have served. Heros every one of y'all!
Tom & Barb
Jack and Darby (4 leggers)
06 Monaco LaPalma 36DBD
Red Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

Want to tell you about my brother's experience when he died and was revived. Little bit of history first. Mike was in the Marine Corp for over 22 yrs. He was in Vietnam twice and several other high stress areas and like most military did things he does not want to remember but has been unable to forget.

Mike was 49 when he had a major heart attack and died and was revived three times. He had a story to tell when he woke up that I think you may find comfort in.

While he was dead (one of the times that his heart stopped) he said he was floating up. He could hear what was happening around his body and knew what was being done to it but he was pain free and he said it was the most beautiful feeling he had ever felt. Right temperature, right light, right everything.

He said as he was floating up someone put their hand on his arm and he turned to them to tell them to leave him alone so he could continue on. The one who stopped him told him that "It is not your time yet son, go in peace."

He was immediately slammed back to his body and the pain was intense, they had just shocked him back to life. He did not want to be there. Mike had heard his wife screaming for him to come back to her and he just wanted to go cause it was the first peace he had had since Vietnam.

The following day (Mom and I drove very quickly to Arkansas) to be with him and I was there when he awoke. His face was different. There was a peace there that I had not seen on him since High School before he went in the military. A RN walked into the room and said you probably don't remember me but I was in the ER when you came in, I just wanted to check on you.

He did remember her. He told her word for word what she said and what she did. The look of shock on her face was very telling because this was what was said and done while he was receiving CPR and being shocked back to life. The RN left quickly.

I waited for Mike to tell me what happened and he did tell me about floating and the man stopping him and sending him back. Mike had done things in Vietnam that was so sickening to him but that he had performed in his duty as a soldier. He had convinced himself that God would never forgive him because he had killed and done things no one should do to another. He was positive that he would go to Hell and Heaven was gone to him forever.

When this happened, Mike knew that God had forgiven him because he did not enjoy the killing and did it only because it was required as a soldier. He would never kill before and has not since.

The key here is that he knew he was forgiven and that the man who had stopped him was also letting him know that he was going to Heaven. Our soldiers so often cannot deal with what they had to do, but I am telling you that what happened to Mike is a guarantee to all of you that what you HAD to do has been forgiven and it is time to forgive yourself.

Be at peace, Lynne
Love the sunshine and warmer weather!
Lynne and Jerry RVM 105
2004 Winnebago Itasca Sunova / 2012 Toyota Prius / 2016 ACME EZE-Tow Dolly
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #6

Wow. That's a great one. Thank you
Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:11 PM   #7
John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Another story of the forgiveness of God to our soldiers.

You read my brother's story and here is one from one of my patient's. His name is Sherm and one of my favorites. Working in the medical field we often are told things that people would never tell someone but there is something about being close to death that opens the mind, heart, and lips.

Sherm had served in the Army and served in at least one war and like most soldiers had done things that he would not normally do. These things tend to stay with the soldier forever and hurt in ways that most of us (thank God) will never know. The soldier cannot easily escape these memories.

Sherm was driving down M-52 (two lane North South hgwy) in Michigan. He felt some pretty bad chest pain and had about 15 miles to drive to the hospital where he was one of our patients. He knew he would not make it so he pulled over. He didn't want to loose control of the van and hurt someone else. Sherm was sure he was going to die. Wasn't his first heart attack.

He pulled over and started talking to God and told him how sorry he was for all the men he had killed in war and asked God to forgive him. God answered Sherm's prayer.

As Sherm was sitting there confessing and preparing to die, a car pulled over just in front of his van. Two men came to his driver's side door and asked if he was ok. Sherm looked at them and said "No". He then slumped over and they opened his door and pulled him from the van. One of the men started CPR while the other called for help.

Sherm was brought into the ER and saved and still lives 15 years later today. SO what did Sherm see while he was dead?

Sherm was going up. He said everything was brilliantly white but so crystal clear that you could see every detail. He said there was no pain but he was aware of the two men pulling him from his van and performing CPR on him. He wanted to keep going up because it was so beautiful and peaceful and no pain.

He said the ambulance pulled up and he knew that and still he wanted to keep going up. They shocked him and he kept going up. They shocked him again and he kept going up. They shocked him again and he was told to go back because he had more to do. He came back and was in pain.

What Sherm came back with was the knowledge that he was heading up to Heaven and not down to Hell. He knew he was forgiven.

He started telling me this story several months after his heart attack and I told him my Brother's story. Sherm and I talked about how God had had a message for both of them and how much peace they both felt afterwards.

Sherm went on to talk with Veterans after his experience so they could also find peace. He knew that what he had done during war was forgiven because he had hated doing it and found no pleasure in it.

It is now a message to all of you who served that God does forgive what you had to do and you are not going to Hell for it.

Go in Peace and thank you for your service, Lynne

Love the sunshine and warmer weather!
Lynne and Jerry RVM 105
2004 Winnebago Itasca Sunova / 2012 Toyota Prius / 2016 ACME EZE-Tow Dolly
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote